Tana Ethiopian Cuisine

Contact 412-665-2770

5929 Baum Blvd, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA, 15206

Serves meat, vegan options available. This Ethiopian restaurant offers a vegetarian menu section consisting of eight entrees which can be ordered separately, or selected among for the vegetarian sampler. Also, soups are vegan as well as some of the appetizers. Mon-Sun 5:00pm-11:00pm, Tue-Sun 11:00am-2:30pm

Category: Vegan-friendly, Beer/Wine, Ethiopian, African, Non-veg

First Review by groovyvegan

Some of the best Ethiopian food I've ever had :-) - Edit

My omni husband and I greatly enjoyed our vegetarian (all vegan!) sampler where we chose 5 vegetarian dishes from the menu. Our sampler included the Misir Wot in Bebere Sauce (a lentil dish with minced onions), the Tikil Gomen (cabbage-carrot dish with sauteed onions and fresh garlic), and the Ye Abesha Gomen (Collard greens simmered with minced onions, fresh garlic and ginger), all served on vegan spongy bread. We also enjoyed the vegan homemade lentil soup quite a bit. Portions on the sampler platter are large, so be sure to bring a container to take some home if you're not ravenously hungry. (They will provide a styrofoam container if you don't have your own.)

We've eaten at about a half dozen Etiopian restaurants, and this one was tied with Horn of Africa in Portland, OR for our favorite. In addition to the excellent food, one thing we liked about this restaurant is that they weren't burning incense, unlike the two Ethiopian restaurants we've eaten at in Silver Spring, MD. The only drawback I see for this place (other than serving meat) is parking--it's metered street parking only. The woman at the restaurant told us however that meters are not enforced after 6 pm.

Pros: Excellent Food

Cons: Metered Street Parking only.

Return to Pittsburgh Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Tana Ethiopian Cuisine closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1358 times since Sep 2010.