Tan Lac Vien Vietnamese Bistro

412-521-8888

2114 Murray Ave, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA, 15217

Serves meat, vegan options available. Vietnamese food. Has a vegan section on the menu listing 5 dishes: summer roll, lotus salad, pho, broken rice, and bun. Appetizers section include vegetarian spring rolls, dumplings, and ban mi. Open Mon-Thu 11:30am-10:00pm, Fri-Sat 11:30am-11:00pm, Sun 11:30am-10:00pm.

Categories: Vietnamese, Non-veg

First Review by nafanc

Tan Lac Vien - Edit

We hit Tan Lac Vien for the first time last night and were very happy to see a standalone vegan section on their menu. The menu has "Temporary Menu" printed on both sides, we aren't sure what that means, hopefully the vegan items stay. We ordered the vegan broken rice and the vegan bun, both came with seitan and teriyaki tofu. The seitan was amazing! It tasted like ham, smoky and loaded with umame. Some of the best seitan we've ever eaten. We were delighted with our food and service and will definitely be back again. Highly recommended!

One thing worth noting for the sake of transparency, and although it didn't bother me it may perhaps bother some, the men's room was dingy and dirty. That's my only complaint. Again, I'm not a prince, I don't eat in the toilet and I wash my hands so it's not a big deal, but some may be turned off. I didn't go in the ladies room but my wife said the ladies room was huge and tidy, so there's that. Conversely, from our seats we were able to see into the kitchen and it is pristine perfection, and that is really what matters!

Big props to Tan Lac Vien for a cool brand new dining experience.

Updated from previous review on 2017-07-16

Pros: Stand-alone vegan section on menu, Friendly service , Super-clean kitchen

Cons: Dirty men's room

Great Vietnamese - Edit

Good, flavorful Vietnamese cooking with lots of vegan options. I really enjoyed my bun vegan. The tofu and seitan are magnificent. Looking forward to trying more off their vegan menu next time I visit Pittsburgh.

Pros: Fresh, Good tofu, seitan, Veggie menu

Return to Pittsburgh Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Tan Lac Vien Vietnamese Bistro closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.