Tan

Contact 0032-25378787

95, rue de l'Aqueduc (at Place du Chatelain), Brussels, Belgium, 1050

Serves meat, vegan options available. Organic restaurant, store, and cooking classes. Food is cooked at low temperature or steamed. Around 50% of the menu is raw and/or vegan. Mon-Sat 12:00pm-2:00pm, Mon-Sat 7:00pm-10:00pm

Category: Vegan-friendly, International, Organic, Beer/Wine, Take-out, European, Non-veg

First Review by torchs

Lovely place with very unique menu - Edit

I went here recently for a birthday dinner and it was lovely. The menu had a variety of raw vegan and vegan options, all of which looked fabulous. The food was mouthwateringly good and the service was friendly although quite slow. This was understandable however as the restaurant was packed. Would recommend making a reservation if you're interested in going here.

Pros: Unique and delicious food, Beautiful presentation of dishes, Zen atmosphere

Cons: Expensive

Great lunch on the patio - Edit

Very nice lunch formula, with a vegan entrée and main dish vegan or meat (useful when you go with non-vegans), around 20€.
The patio is really nice for summer and everything is excellent!
A little expensive but all worth it !

Pros: Patio, Vegan available

Cons: A little expensive, Portions not so big

Happy and satisfied. - Edit

First time I had lunch at there today.

Took the menu and a juice, all tasted very good and were much to my satisfaction. Portions not huge but enough (we all eat too much anyway).

I was able to ask an English menu and was helped in English. I verified if the vegetarian was vegan and was well explained how all ingredients were prepared.

I will go back.

Pros: Interesting dishes., good quality of food, Outside terrace

Cons: restaurant is a bit hidden away

sophisticated - Edit

I go there for lunch whenever I'm nearby;
It's slightly pricey but still affordable. I find their food innovative and tasty. But the servings can be small so ... avoid if you are extremely hungry (or, just chew slowly?)

Pros: tasty, sunny terrasse, nice staff

Cons: can be expensive, small servings

Great Restaurant! - Edit

My son is a US diplomat posted in Brussels. In October 2013, we took my son, his wife, and friends to Tan. 3 of us are Vegans and rest not. Great vegan meal for us vegans....and great fish and meat meals for our non-vegan friends. Wonderful place where you can go as a vegan and take non vegan friends.

Pros: Excellent food, Vegan option, Has non vegan for non vegans

Cons: Helps to speak French....but can get by

Not recommended - Edit

I was travelling to Brussels for a few days on business and was looking for places that serve vegan options. I found Tan restaurant on Happycow and went in for lunch. I was very disappointed.

First, the menu was all in French. I asked if there was an English menu and the answer was no. I asked if the waitress could translate it for me and she said that doesn't have time for that and asked me what I wanted to eat. I said I was looking for something vegan. She said there is only one vegan option. I ordered it.

Second problem is that there is no wireless internet access for customers.

Finally, the serving was small. It was tasty, but extremely small. I paid about 20 EUR for lunch and left the restaurant hungry.

Luckily, I found a street market on the nearby street and bought some fruits and pastry to satisfy my appetite.

In conclusion, bad service, small servings and expensive. Not recommended.

Pros: Tasty food but small portions

Cons: Bad service, Small servings, Expensive

Return to Brussels Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Tan closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2347 times since Oct 2012.