First Review by TravellingPud

Spicy and Delicious - Edit

We stumbled upon this place wandering the strip trying to figure out where we were going to find something vegan to eat at a decent price, it was our last night there and had spent most of our money already!

We wandered in and asked to see the menu to determine if there were any vegan options, we were told it was buffet only. The host was wonderful, he allowed us to have a look at the buffet before we committed and so we did, there were several vegetarian options but we were afraid everything would be prepared with gee, we asked about this and he assured us that everything was prepared with vegetable oil only. We asked how much, it was $13.95, wow, all you can eat in Vegas for $13.95...amazing! We tried to pay right away but my credit card was declined twice..how embarrassing...the host was so kind, he discretely suggested we go ahead and eat and sort out the payment later, I was so embarrassed but relieved by his compassionate attitude.

We went and piled up our plates...so many options!
Aloo Benghan (curried potato and eggplant), Dal (yellow lentil), Pakora (vegetable fritters), Naan (flat bread) and Plain White Rice as well as Sweet Rice for dessert. If my Grandma were Indian I'm sure this is how her food would taste! It was just the right amount of spice and tasted deliciously home made and it made me so happy to have stumbled upon this place!

The service was excellent our water glasses were kept full and our used plates were cleared promptly. We were asked several times if everything was satisfactory. Lunch time was almost over but there was still plenty of food. The server came and let us know they were about to take the food away so we had a chance to get some more if we wanted, he came again to make sure we were done, and he also mentioned we could sit as long as we liked.

If you're staying on the strip this place is a must! I would recommend saving room for dessert though because the Pineapple Park frozen dessert stand right outside has Dole Whip OMG So Good and the perfect end to a delicious and spicy meal...can't wait to go back! The only reason I gave this place 4 cows is because Happy Cow won't let me give 5 because they serve meat.

Pros: Tastes Homemade, Amazing Customer Service, Location

Cons: Dark Atmosphere

Awesome! - Edit

This place is great. It's kind of hidden away, though it's right on the strip, but don't be put off by that. The food was delicious, the prices were reasonable, and the waitstaff was knowledgeable about what was vegan. A really great experience.

Pros: Knowledgeable staff, Food quality, Nice and quiet

Cons: Not all veg

Unexpected Deliciousness - Edit

I wasn't a big fan of indian food until I had tamba. I was always unimpressed with too spicy yet bland flavors of curry, watery rice, and dishes resembling dog food. YET this place amazed me. Their chana masala had just the right amount of spice, the naan was impeccable, and the rice accented everything. I will be returning.

Pros: taste

Cons: location

Good Food, Steep Price - Edit

I thought the food was great and it was nice to have a veg-friendly restaurant on the strip, but when we stopped in for lunch it was $14 per person for the buffet. That would have been fine if we could at least eat most of what was offered, but as vegans, there were only three dishes to choose from. The dishes were very good and we left feeling full, but we could find a vegan lunch for half the price else where.

Pros: Tasty food, Convenient Location, Clean

Cons: Price, Lack of vegan options at buffet

Great veg-friendly buffet on the Strip! - Edit

The restaurant is located in an otherwise empty mall but don't be put off! Great buffet, at a reasonable $12.95 a head, with mostly veg options. We were the first in there just after noon but it quickly filled up. Will definitely visit again next time I'm in Vegas!

Return to Las Vegas Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Tamba Indian Cuisine closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2889 times since Sep 2010.