Tamarind House Restaurant

( 1 review )

1 Main Rd, Avarua, Rarotonga, Cook Islands, COK682

Serves meat, vegan options available. Avarua waterfront old colonial house opening onto the lawns. The Sunday brunch menu has vegetarian and vegan dishes, for example: coconut pancakes, eggplant stack with courgettes (ask for tofu to replace cream cheese), lasagne pumpkin served with salad, corn fritters, haloumi salad beetroot. Let the staff know if you are vegan. Open Mon-Sat 5:30pm-9:00pm, Tue-Fri 11:30am-2:00pm, Sun 9:30am-1:30pm.

Categories: Lacto, Ovo, Beer/Wine, Fusion, Non-veg

1 Review

First Review by PlantbasedKat

Thoroughly enjoyed dining here! - Edit

My partner and I enjoyed our evening at Tamarind house. The location is lovely, especially when the sun is setting! The staff were very friendly and helpful. We ate here because we had heard there were vegan options. The only downside was that although there was a starter that had a vegan option (roasted vegetable stack with tofu) there wasn't actually a main course that was vegan or that could really be made vegan. It wasn't an issue as I made it a main by ordering sides but I felt pretty restricted in what I could eat and it was very very similar to a dish at The New Place (I suspect they might be owner by the same people?)
It was, however, very tasty!!! My partner who is vegetarian had the vegetarian lasagne and really enjoyed it too.
This isn't your place to go if you want a few options, but it's definitely worth a visit for the atmosphere and general feel. It felt very romantic :)

Pros: Lovely atmosphere, yummy food, helpful staff

Cons: lack of vegan/veggie options

Return to Rarotonga Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Tamarind House Restaurant closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.