First Review by Odalina

Massaman curry to die for - Edit

This is my favourite go-to place when I'm with my omnivore friends. I always have the massaman curry with tofu (it is definitely the best vegan dish on the menu), just make sure you ask for it without fish sauce!

Lots of veg (?) options... - Edit

I have been here once and initially I was quite impressed because according to the menu it seemed there were so many veg options - although not labelled as such. As I saw in other restaurants in Helsinki, there is a large section on the menu where you can pick the meat you wish to have with your dish - or, alternatively, tofu.

I was told the tofu versions were all vegetarian. However, when I stressed out that I do not eat any animal products including fish sauce, oyster sauce or anything with shrimp paste in it (all of this quite common in "vegetarian" dishes in many Thai restaurants) this seemed to cause a problem.

I was then offered a "special" meal instead of something from the menu. I agreed and what I got was spicy and not bad, although I found the combination of ingredients a bit unusual: fennel, pineapple, green beans, baby corn, white mushrooms, eggplant, peppers and bamboo sprouts in coconut sauce, served with rice.

After this experience I am not quite sure how vegetarian / vegan the items on the menu are...

Pros: cozy place

Cons: no labelling of veg options

Cozy place with a great variety of vegan options - Edit

This place is great for vegans because you just pick any dish from the menu and then choose the protein source you want (tofu for vegans and vegetarians and meat for others).

Food tastes really good and the place is nice.

Pros: Delicious food, Friendly staff

Return to Helsinki Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Tamarin closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1519 times since Jul 2013.