First Review by junya

Not the best - Edit

The large signboard does not indicate the stall is vegetarian, but there is a small sign on the stall window with the word "Vegetarian" in English and Chinese, along with names and prices of a few noodle dishes.

I started having doubts as soon as I walked up and saw the dishes being served: quite unappealing appearance. When I pointed to the "kampua mee" on the sign, the young server told me - in Mandarin - there was no more. I expected a switch to English after I gave a puzzled look, but instead he merely responded by saying "sold out" in Mandarin. Difficult to imagine a young person in Malaysia unable to say "finished already" (Malaysian market English for "sold out"), but be warned that it seems no English is spoken at this stall.

The server offered the usual selection of noodles - kway teow, bee hoon, mee suah - soup or fried. I tried the fried kway teow - in hindsight, a mistake because that dish is typically too greasy for me. This, however, was worse than average, and with little taste. Fortunately, I forgot to request no egg, so I had a good excuse for not eating it.

It's open when all other vege places in that area are closed, and in days gone by I would have been able to stomach such meals, so some folks may find this place useful. But don't expect too much.

Pros: Open late

Cons: Poorly prepared food, eggs., No English , no menu, Challenging location

Return to Sibu Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Taman Selera Muhibah Vegetarian Stall closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.