First Review by TiffanyBright

HOORAY FOR HAVING THE (VEGAN) HUEVOS... - Edit

HOORAY FOR HAVING THE (VEGAN) HUEVOS TO OPEN, NOT ONLY A VEGETARIAN, BUT A VEGAN RESTAURANT, IN CENTRAL ILLINOIS!!!

I TRAVEL A LOT, AND HAVE BEEN TO MANY VEGAN/VEGETARIAN RESTAURANTS (THANKS TO HAPPY COW!). TAKE A BITE, LIKE "NORMAL RESTAURANTS", HAS ITS OWN VIBE... AND, I LOVE TAKE A BITE'S!

IT HAS BEEN AWESOME TO SEE HOW IT HAS GROWN IN THE ALMOST 2 YEARS IT HAS BEEN OPEN. I LIVE IN PEORIA, BUT I WAS THERE FOR THIER GRAND OPENING, I WAS THERE A COUPLE OF MONTHS AGO, AND I HAVE BEEN THERE NUMEROUS TIMES IN-BETWEEN.

FOR BEING MADE FROM SCRATCH, THERE IS QUITE AN EXTENSIVE MENU, AND EVERYTHING I HAVE HAD, HAS BEEN VERY YUMMY!!!

MY ONLY COMPLAINT IS THAT ONE HASN'T OPENED IN PEORIA... YET??? PLEASE?!?!

Pros: TASTE, VARIETY, FRIENDLY STAFF

Cons: THERE ISN'T ONE IN PEORIA!

Adorable - Edit

Stopped in around noon for lunch. The locations is very cute inside and cozy. The staff was friendly and great to talk to. I ended up ordering the falafel and potato salad. Both were great! Loved it!

Great Experience - Edit

The restaurant is so cute, the staff is very welcoming and friendly, and the food is fresh and delicious! I had the "chicken" salad sandwich with a side of broccoli salad which was magnificent. Next time, I'll give the veggie lasagna a shot - I've heard it's amazing. If you have an opportunity, definitely give this place a shot...

Delicious! - Edit

Visiting Bloomington-Normal and found this hidden gem! Great gluten free, vegan and soy free options. The sign is hard to see from the road, but keep trying until you find it!

So amazing - Edit

My friend and I finally stopped by for dinner tonight and it was to die for. We shared the lasagna, burger, garlic bread and a side of the broccoli salad. It was DELICIOUS. The skillet cookie with ice cream on top is something we will definitely be back for. Super cool atmosphere with a friendly staff. So excited we finally have a restaurant like this in Blono!

Pros: Filling , Healthy, Delicious

Cons: Slightly expensive , It was almost too good.., What makes the skillet cookie so good????

horrible horrible horrible - Edit

first off, food is way pricey for what you get. also,its your basic vegan food you can make at home. actually ,I've done better at home! I had a hash style breakfast dish that was crunchy,overdone,burnt and crispy. the baked goods were better which is why we had decided to order a cake for my daughters birthday from there. BIG MISTAKE!! after we placed our formal order and was scheduled for pick up, they just didn't make our cake! no cake...and we didn't know we didn't have a cake until the day of picking up the non existent cake! I spent my daughters 3rd birthday running around like a crazy person trying to find a vegan cake thanks to them! and I never even got an explanation as to why my cake was never even made!

Pros: none , none, OK baked goods

Cons: expensive, overdone food, horrible customer service

Outstanding food and great service! - Edit

I met Mary when she was offering vegan cooking classes for children at the local natural foods store. Since she opened Take A Bite, I've been a devoted patron. The food is excellent and prepared with love. Mary and her staff are welcoming and friendly, and she's always looking for ways to grow and expand her menu and cafe. Eat local, and eat compassionate!

Pros: Great vegan food!, Super cool owner, Gauranteed food coma!

Cons: None. Eat there. Now.

Great food, thanks for coming to our area - Edit

Must-see! Small, revolving menu and very personalized service in pleasant atmosphere. Great vegan and gluten free American food, lots of soy-free options too. Dessert is half the menu, so it's mandatory... cupcakes are delicious and very fresh like everything else.

Pros: Home-cooked food made to order, Good value

Cons: A little more expensive, Personalized service takes longer

Healthy Done Right - Edit

I was in town for less than 2 hours for a visitation right around supper time. With a 2 hour drive back home, I needed something to eat and found exactly the perfect supper here. I was able to do a phone-in take-out order and it was ready by the time we got to the restaurant. I had the Broccoli "Cheese" Soup with garlic bread, a chocolate cupcake with "peanut butter" frosting, and brought a loaf of bread home. The food was out of this world good. That was the best garlic bread I've probably ever had. If I lived in town I would definitely be there once a week at least!

Pros: Plant-based food, Fast service, Personable staff

Cons: Only open for a few hours

Truly Fresh - Edit

On the way to a musical, we weren't hungry enough for a meal, but wanted something to keep us satisfied until later. We stopped at this cute little shop and ordered the "ice cream" (as they had it listed). My youngest ordered the strawberry and my other daughter ordered banana. She also asked if she could have some chocolate in it which the owner was happy to do. The "ice cream" is in quotes for good reason, it is not your traditional ice cream. I was so happy to see that she made her ice cream very similar to how I make our chocolate ice cream at home, which is to use truly naturally ingredients. Real frozen fruit and coconut cream. The "ice cream" was a hit with my girls and they scrapped their bowls clean. They were good to go with bellies full of delicious, and nutritious, "ice cream".

Return to Bloomington Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Take a Bite closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.