Taj Mahal

Contact 012-212138

Sok San Rd, Siem Reap, Cambodia,

Serves meat, vegan options available. Simple place with Wi-Fi, located in the heart of town a short walk from the Pub Street. Offers a number of vegetarian dishes. Staff can speak English and can make some items vegan when requested. Replaced a previously vegetarian Chusska Restaurant. Mon-Sun 11:00am-10:00pm

Category: Lacto, Indian, Non-veg

First Review by clairehalls

Solid good indian food - Edit

We had each a solid and good Thali here. Teast was nice (specialy the naan) but not crazy amazing. The amount looked small but it was very filling. For indian food it took a while to come but it was freshly made and you could put special orders like how spicy it should be.
All in all a very good place for simple eating when you have some time.

Pros: Fair amount of choices, Good teast, Can make take out

Cons: A bit slow, Food didn't look great (but teast was good), Simple eatery

Full & Satisfied! - Edit

Taj Mahal has a vegetarian menu with lots of vegan options. The staff speak English and veganised some meals for us! We ate so much and it all tasted delicious! Highly recommend! Try the Onion Pakora oh my!

Tasty Vegan meals - Edit

I enjoyed a number of various vegan meals at the Taj Mahal during my visit in July 2015. The main dishes, the breads, and samosas were all vegan or veganised for me. I found them very tasty. Nice friendly service also. I returned a number of times during my week in Siem Reap.
Updated from previous review on Thursday July 30, 2015

Tasty, big portions! - Edit

A terrific option for veggies. True Indian place. So, while not vegetarian, there are numerous veggie options, and they're actually listed first in the menu!

It is perhaps a bit on the pricey side, but definitely in the normal range for SR. I had the veg thali, which is $5, but which I should also mention is very big! I have had thalis before that looked miniature in comparison. I'd say it equalled 3 small Indian portions that I have sometimes received in SE Asia.

And it was very good, on balance -- two of the items were very well seasoned and delicious, while two were a bit in need of less salt and more other spices. The spiciness (hotness) level was on the head for what I requested. So the worst of what I had was simply just in need of more spices, while the best was truly lovely.

It took a little while for it to come out, but it also seemed quite freshly made.

And the folks seemed nice! So I recommend it heartily -- I am giving it the highest rating (4) for a non-veg place.

Pros: Tasty, Big portions, Nice people

Cons: A bit pricey (but big portions)

Return to Siem Reap Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Taj Mahal closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2111 times since Apr 2011.