Taj Mahal

480-257-1791

4225 N Craftsmen court , Scottsdale, Arizona, USA, 85251

Serves meat, vegan options available. Indian food with specified vegan section on menu. Has aloo gobi, vegetable curry, vegetable coconut. Open Mon-Sun 11:00am-10:00pm.

Category: Lacto, Indian, Buffet, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

First Review by LindsayAnnaShugarr

Not the Best... - Edit

As an appetizer, I got the Vegetarian Platter: Onion Bhaji, Veggie Pakora, & 2 Vegetable Samosas - $12. I really enjoyed the Onion Bhaji & Veggie Pakora; both were perfectly seasoned and delicious. The Vegetable Samosas were good, but I wasn't a fan of their tamarind sauce, at all. It was way too tart and had no hint of the sweetness that I like in my tamarind sauces.

My main entree was the vegan Aloo Saag -$14, which I ordered spicy/hot. It was ok, but it was too dry and it had zero spice. I have had delicious vegan Aloo Saag at other restaurants, so they cannot use the excuse that the lack of cream is the culprit. I have no idea where the spice went, but none of it went into my dish. I was very disappointed, and it was certainly not worth $14.

I was told that the only vegan bread options were the roti and the Aloo Pratha. I don't like roti so I got the Aloo Pratha -$5. The bread was hard (too difficult to cut) and not tasty.

I had issues with their cleanliness. When we arrived at the dinner opening time, we were the first ones there. The benches had not been cleaned or wiped down from the lunch crowd (which was about 3 hours earlier). I had to ask the waiter to wipe the seats. Also, there was some sort of food in my water glass. I had to ask for a new glass. Lastly, I saw a guy get hired immediately after about a 2 minute interview, which was cool. It was not cool to see him immediately start waiting tables and he was holding one tables' water glasses against his shirt! I think the manager said something because the new guy then placed the already tainted glasses on a tray.

The prices were too high for the quality (of food & service) and amount of food that you get. It is unlikely that I will re-visit.

Cons: if you like spice, you'll be disappointed, over-cooked & overpriced, sanitation concerns

Best Indian food I've had! - Edit

I love this place! The vegan menu options are clearly labeled. Everything is so delicious. I discovered this restaurant about a month ago and have already been back three times. Great location!

Pros: vegan section on menu

Cons: price point is high but it's understandable co

Return to Scottsdale Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Taj Mahal closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.