First Review by chikfender

Vegan Menu - Edit

This place has an entire vegan menu section. The waiter was very polite answering specific questions about their batter and side dipping sauces. The food was delicious. I highly recommend this place.

Pros: Vegan options, Polite Service, Clean restrooms

Cons: No vegan bread options

Horrible Service,Mediocre Food - Edit

Food is just OK-Not Bad, but definitely not impressed. I have had authentic Indian food. I have been to India and my boyfriend is Indian. One of our appetizers was kabobs. We got two tiny pieces of lamb and beef and two whole pieces of chicken-a thigh and drumstick. Ummm...that's not even a kabob in the U.S. Where was the skewer and chunks of meat, not pieces, that go on the stick?? The main complaint was the service. This was our second time there.The first time, was just an okay experience so we thought we would give it another chance. Absolutely horrible service. No waiter or waitress assigned to a particular area. My boyfriend had to get up and go over to the bar just to get us drinks. It took us flagging down an employee just to get water at our table and order appetizers. This was after sitting there with no acknowledgement from staff for 15 minutes. The couple next to us also had the same problem. We did observe that if you knew the owner, they got good service and also got their food before people that had been waiting before them.The owner ran around like he was in a popularity contest instead of making sure his customers were happy. We will never go there again!! And will also spread the word

Pros: Live music, Nice ambience

Cons: Okay Food, Horrible Service

Delicious - Edit

Pretty good place that is located downtown with a knowledgeable staff and great Indian food for people with different diets; making it a good choice when going out with a group.

Pros: friendly staff, fast service, great flavor

Cons: pricey, small rice portion

Vegan Buffet on Wednesday - Edit

This restaurant is familiar with vegans and offers a mostly vegan buffet on Wednesdays! Good food, but a little pricey for me (priced like most Indian food restaurants).

Pros: Vegan, Staff familiar with vegan diets, The owner/main manager is really nice

Cons: Meals are pricey, Buffet exceeds $10

Favorite Restaurant - Edit

The Taj Mahal is one of, if not the only vegan-friendly restaurant in Prescott. The staff is so friendly and very knowledgeable and more than willing to give fantastic recommendations.

The food is rich and vibrant, and leaves your palate completely satisfied. They offer a vegan buffet every Wednesday, and provide a vegetarian and vegan menu. I would recommend the Potato and Garbanzo Bean Curry, but suggest trying every v*gan dish!

This is my new favorite restaurant in Prescott, and I'll definitely be eating here for years to come. If you're ever passing through Prescott, try the Taj Mahal!

Pros: Friendly Staff, Excellent Food, Vegan and Vegetarian Friendly

Return to Prescott Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Taj Mahal closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1925 times since Aug 2007.