Taj-Mahal Indian Restaurant

• Veg-friendly
Contact 0090-2122936600

Asmalı Mescit Mah. Nergiz Sok. 4/A Tünel-Beyoğlu, Istanbul, Turkey,

Serves meat, vegan options available. While menu is meat-heavy, there is a separate menu for vegetarians (entirety not on website). Located at the end of the "İstiklal Street" near "Tünel Meydanı".

Category: Lacto, Indian, Non-veg

First Review by mickeythemystic

Not the best - Edit

Zero atmosphere, it is much like a hospital. It is on a little side street that could actually be quite nice, especially if you have an outside table.

Service: The service girl in this restaurant was incredibly rude. She was on her mobile phone when I entered, she also seemed to want me to serve myself. When I asked for a menu I believe she wanted me to pick it up and maybe go and tell the kitchen also what I wanted.

The food: it took about 30 minutes at least to arrive. Considering there was only one other party in the restaurant that is completely unacceptable. Then even though I wanted all my items together, they brought them separately. So I was forced to wait again, making me have to scarf down my samosas, which managed to be both oily and dry at the same time. Though they were 'vegetable' samosas, they only contained potato. My main dish was overwhelmingly spicy to the point that I couldn't taste it. The naan bread was passable.

The only good thing was that the prices were ok and the location is quite nice for a quiet lunch.

Pros: Food

Cons: Service

Easy and cheap - but boring - Edit

Many vegetarian options, but when it comes to vegan there's some limits - ask the staff about dairy products and they will tell you what to avoid.
Food is tasty and there's plenty of it, but the looks of both food and restaurant is.... boring to say the least. Oh, and don't use the bathroom.
But hey, if you want a easy and cheap meal - go for it.

Pros: Cheap, Understands "no-dairy please", Tasty

Cons: Bad atmosphere, Really bad toilets

Good vegetarian Indian options - Edit

This small Indian restaurant has both meat and vegetarian selections. There is a separate section on the menu for vegetarians which had many choices. The portions were generous and the food was good. The server spoke minimal English and wasn't especially friendly.

Pros: Food plentiful, Tasty

Cons: Waitress not too friendly

Return to Istanbul Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Taj-Mahal Indian Restaurant closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1100 times since Oct 2011.