Taj Indian Sweets

91 Wigram St, Harris Park, Harris Park, New South Wales, 2150

Casual vegetarian Indian restaurant just outside of Sydney to the west, near Parramatta. Open Mon-Sun 10:00am-10:00pm.

Categories: Lacto, Indian

First Review by KatherineH

Good value - Edit

On my visit all the other customers were Indian, which I take as a good sign. The usual Indian vegetarian dishes, which means mostly lacto, but the staff were sympathetic to my request for vegan, and they have a handwritten list at the counter of the dishes that are dairy-free. I had a masala dosa, and it was excellent, generously sized and filled and good value. There are several other Indian restaurants on Wigram Street, but this is the only vegetarian one.

Pros: good value, friendly staff

Cons: more vegan dishes would be good

Great Food, Great Prices - Edit

Best value for money vegetarian restaurant!

The dosas and utthapams are top class

Pros: Price, Speed Of Order, Delicious

Cons: Atmosphere

A lovely lively place to eat! - Edit

We have eaten at this restaurant a few times and each time I have found it to be such a busy and lively place. It is always full of local people and tends to get busier later in the evening. It is the sort of place where you order and pay at the counter and get a number for your table. Our meals were brought to us relatively quickly, and you can either choose drinks from a fridge or pour yourself free chilled water into plastic cups.

Each time we have eaten there, the food has been delightful and plentiful. Tonight I chose the masala dosa, as it was just what I felt like, and I wasn't disappointed - light and with lovely flavours and three dipping sauces.

After dinner you can have some fun deciding on which sweets to try from the huge counters full of Indian sweets. For the non experienced, such as myself when I first went there, it can be hard to know what the different sweets might taste like, but the ones I have tried have been pleasing and not too sweet - highly enjoyed by my two teenage children.

All the food is really very inexpensive, it is possible to have a good plate of wonderful Indian food for under $10. Would recommend it to anyone.

Pros: Great food, Informal atmosphere, Cheap

Cons: A bit noisy, More cafe style which may not suit all

Return to Harris Park Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Taj Indian Sweets closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.