First Review by megatofu

Great falafel! - Edit

Really delicious falafel! There are about six seats in the place. If you want to eat in, it looked like the other location in NYC has more seating.

You order your falafel in one of three flavors: green, yellow, and red. I tried the yellow/harissa. I really like spicy food, but my tolerance for spicy food is not infinite, and I've had pretty spicy harissa in the past, but I couldn't taste any heat/spicy flavor at all. So if you like spicy food, I would say try the red pepper flavor. That's what I'll do if I'm back in town.

Phenomenal falafel - Edit

People go nuts about this spot, so I had to try it during a short trip to NYC.
You're about as likely to win the lottery as you are to find a seat here. The line was out the door, even at 2pm on a weekday, so I took my falafel to go. Once I got my order, it took all my willpower not to devour it as I walked out the door. My restraint lasted just long enough for me to reach Jackson Square, where I sat on a ledge and munched happily on my prize.
In spite of all the hype, I was not disappointed. Their falafel really is phenomenal.

Pros: Great falafel, Good fixins

Best Falafel in town! - Edit

This place has really awesome food. The falafel has a choice of 3 different flavors - plain, red pepper and harissa... all delicious. The french fries are also some of the best you'll find, but is quite a large order for one person.

Pros: Excellent food, very clean, fast service

Cons: small - very few seats inside

Not just a falafel shack -- so much more! - Edit

This little place is so amazing. The best falafel pita we have ever had. It was so fresh and delicious. And all vegan. Incredible. We took our harissa pita to the High Line and had a picnic. Very memorable.

best falafel in nyc! - Edit

yum, yum, YUM! the israeli woman who owns this place knows her sh*t. you will not find better falafel in nyc, i swear! unless you don't know good falafel. call me a falafel snob but i love my falafel and this is THE falafel place to go to in ny. what are you waiting for?

Amazing - Edit

I had read about this place and went out of my way to check it out - it was well worth the trip. I got the three-falafel platter and enjoyed everything on it. It came with a separate dish of several different sauces (separated) that you can use to add how much of which ones you like. One of them had a flavor I had not experienced before - it was slightly earthly and tangy. I also tried the tea and a sweet item to take out which were also good. They have several types of attractive salads as well (I did not get to try those however). If it was not so far away I would go here on a regular basis.

Pros: price, atmosphere, excellent food

Cons: tiny seating area, tricky location

it really is the best falafel ever - Edit

unlike most falafel places that serve the falafel with shredded lettuce and tomatoes, taim serves it with hummus and israeli salad (diced cucumbers and tomatoes) on lightly toasted pita... awesome!

Pros: great food, relatively cheap, mostly vegan

Cons: very limited seating

Best falafel ever! - Edit

I have been to Taim about 3 times and have only tried the "green" falafel (their falafel comes in three varieties). It is, by far, the best falafel I've ever had. I haven't tried anything else there, apart from a ginger lemonade, which was quite good. I don't know if I want to try anything else because it's worth the trip for me to get the green falafel.

Return to New York City Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Taim - West Village closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2290 times since Aug 2007.