First Review by mik

cozy, good service and food - Edit

The food is good, had the tacos with guacamole on the side. Friendly staff and good service. Everything is ecological and the price matches what you get. Will absolutely go back.

Pros: easy to find, a lot of vegan options

Expensive for what you get - Edit

I don't get it, out of four days in Oslo I happened to choose the restaurants with the worst value for money the first and last days: Loving Hut, which is mostly a take away place and totally ripped me off with a soup for 149 NOK, and now El Brujo, with 5 tacos (4 different vegan fillings) for 140 NOK. Served on a carton plate, and they weren't particularly elaborate either, I had to put a fair amount of sauce in them in order to get some flavour. Pretty shockingly expensive, even though I realise vegan cheese is not that cheap either. And yes, it's a good thing they promote veganism (mostly on environmental grounds, hence "organic" chicken is offered as an alternative).
As a dessert I got churritos, crispy and tasty thanks to the coconut sugar, but hey, for 59 NOK they'd better be something, Sadly they were out of arroz sin leche, otherwise I might have given it a try.
If you are looking for better value for your money in Oslo then I would recommend Asia, Nordvegan or perhaps even Fresh Funky Cafe. El Brujo has certainly some strengths, such as its very friendly staff, but I just find it too overpriced for my taste.

Updated from previous review on 2017-11-06

Tacoselbrujo 06 Nov 2017 - Hi Milk,
thank you for a very constructive critic.
I will definitely note your words. We did a pretty harsh switch to a vegan concept no longer than a month ago- out obvious reason we both understand :) So i am sincerely happy to get a good customer experience- i hope that we can convince you with a second chance in the near future!
Best regards, Debby

Return to Oslo Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Tacos El Brujo closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.