Tacos Cancun

• Veg-friendly
Contact 949-642-3720

1902 Harbor Blvd Ste B, Costa Mesa, California, USA, 92627

Serves meat, vegan options available. Mexican food eatery, non-veg but has vegan Daiya cheese, soyrizo, soy ground beef, salads, guacamole. Cooked on separate dishware and are marked 'V' on menu.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Fast food, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Mexican, Non-veg

First Review by CarleneParrish

Great Mexican food, lovely people - Edit

This is a wonderful little place for delicious Mexican food. There is an extra charge for soy meats or daiya, but these things also cost more than the traditional counterparts (which is sad). I had the veggie enchiladas with no cheese at all, and they were great. We will definitely come back.

Great vegan Mexican food! - Edit

Met my wife and daughter for lunch on my day and decided to try this place out. Ordered the vegan torta for my wife and daughter, and the Cancun burrito for myself.

First of all, the portions were huge! The burrito and the tortas were VERY filling and tasty! Nice to have a Mexican food option available! I also ordered a vegan flan for my wife and she loved it!

I had the opportunity to speak with the owner, Tina. She explained that she had separate grill areas for vegan/non-vegan prep. She also explained that the local vegan community had been really helpful in spreading the word about her restaurant (there was a vegan meetup there the previous night). She was very friendly and informational about her food prep. I look forward to future visits!

Pros: Lots of options, Separate prep area for vegan, Vegan options denoted on menu

Cons: Upcharge for vegan

Best Vegan Mexican in Orange County! - Edit

I LOVE TACOS CANCUN!

You MUST get the Vegetarian Nachos "made vegan" with vegan chicken, horchata and Fried Ice Cream for dessert!

The torta is also on point, always get it with vegan chicken as well.

Pros: Vegan Mexican Food!, Great salsa bar, Beer

Cons: Small seating area, Expensive to make items vegan

Oh my gosh! this place made my day! - Edit

So freeking delicious!! I haven't had an enchilada in 3 years, and theirs made with Daiya was perfecto! I had the enchilada and taco combo! Great service as well. They were very friendly and knowledgeable.

Authentic Vegan Mexican food - Edit

I checked this place out today. The place was not easy to find. It is located on Harbor Place, a tiny shopping center, and it is next to Il Docce Pizeria. It is also in the same shopping center as Chaba Thai massage (I go there sometimes).

The food is authentic but without the lard. When I was there, there were 3 Mexican guys were eating and watching futbol on TV. So this is not just a place for Gringos like Chipotle. It is much better than Chipotle definitely. The lady who was there taking the orders was very nice. She dressed nice also and even has an accent. She reminds me of Pati Jinich. She explained all the vegan options (with the V on the menu).

She suggested the Vegan Torta which looks very good by I didn't feel like eating bread today.

I ordered the potato taco and cheese enchilada combination instead. The cheese was Daiya cheese. The rice (it is vegan now), pinto beans, and chips were included. The chips are thin and crispy just like what they have in other Mexican restaurants. They were fried on site and not from bags. Yum!

The food came out piping hot on a real plate and silverware. It was pretty good, especially, the cheese enchilada. I know it is Daiya but it was good and melted with the green sauce on top. I love the rice. The beans and potato taco were just ok and kind of bland. There was also a salsa bar (just like in Baja Fresh) so I added hot salsa on my taco and beans. The portion is big and the price is very reasonable.

I ordered Cancun Burrito to go for my hubby and I picked soy ground beef as an extra filling.

I was going to order Fried Soy Ice Cream but I was too full. I ordered to go Vegan Horchata instead. Yum, this vegan horchata is gooood.

I saw Machaca Breakfast Burrito that can be veganized. Hmmm....I haven't had that for years. I have to check it out next time.

I will definitely be back to try the Torta and Fried Ice Cream.

The only other thing that I want to mention is that the place is small with only a few tables. But there were customers coming in and out ordering to-go.

Pros: Authentic, Vegan friendly place, Reasonable price

Pretty Good - Edit

I have tried to find good local vegan Mexican Food, but was challenged until I stumbled upon Tacos Cancun almost in my own backyard. They offer a soy meat substitute which, mixed with their salsa, was quite satisfying. They have Daiya cheese as well. They made me a cheese enchilada which was good, but my daughters quesadilla was even better (whole wheat tortilla, filled with Daiya, bell peppers, onions and mushrooms. Pinto beans were good. Can't say I found much flavor in the rice. My husband had a bean and cheese burrito and liked it. Prices were so-so. For 3 meals and 2 waters it came to $24. I'll go back, but there is Taco Mesa further down 19th Street that is closer, so Tacos Cancun will play second to that.

Pros: Daiya cheese, Good tasting soy meat substitute, Nice variety of foods

Cons: Seating available, but small area.

Return to Costa Mesa Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Tacos Cancun closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2224 times since Oct 2012.