Tacopado Comida Mexicana

n/a

Avenida Misiónes 242, Puerto Iguazu, Argentina, 3370

Serves meat, vegan options available. Mexican-style restaurant where some items can be made vegan, such as tacos with beans and guacamole. Meals come with tortilla chips and salsa, beans, and guacamole. Some servers speak English and understand the meaning of "vegan" and can explain which items can be prepared vegan. Open Mon-Sun 11:00am-12:00am.

Categories: Lacto, Juice bar, Mexican, Non-veg

First Review by earthville

Good flavor, and open earlier and later than others - Edit

I stumbled upon Tacopado around noon (after trying to go to Terra but finding they don't open until 3pm) and picked up a menu to search for vegan options. Nothing was marked vegan on the menu, but a friendly server who spoke good English came to welcome me, and I asked what they could do vegan. He said the best option for vegans would be the burritos, which could be made without dairy, so I took his recommendation.

What arrived at my table were actually what most of us would call "tacos," not "burritos" — but, hey, that's really just a technicality: It's all the same stuff (beans, guacamole, pico de gallo, tortilla) in a slightly different shape, and what matters is that it was very tasty.

All meals here are served with a basket of house-made tortilla chips served with tiny cups of beans, salsa, and guacamole. The flavors of all of these were good, and the salsa actually had a little kick (unusual for Argentina). My only complaint is that each cup was plastic, and each came with its own little plastic spoon — totally unnecessary, and creates a lot of plastic waste.

There are fresh juices, too. I had mango, which was delicious. They served it with ice, so if you don't want ice, let them know.

There's both indoor and outdoor seating (the latter on a shaded front patio). I sat on the patio, which offers a good vantage for watching the relaxed life go by on Avenida Misiónes.

The stereo was pumping out Latin music, which created a lively vibe, though maybe a little too loud to be conducive to conversation with soft-spoken people.

One plus is that it's open longer hours than some other restaurants, so you can find an early lunch or dinner here, or a late dinner/drink.

Until we get a fully-vegetarian restaurant in Puerto Iguazú, Tacopado is well worth considering for its flavorful food and convivial atmosphere. I'd rate the service five cows and the food four cows, but the wasteful use of plastic is a minus point, so four cows overall.

Updated from previous review on 2017-08-30

Return to Puerto Iguazu Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Tacopado Comida Mexicana closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.