Taco y Tequilla

Contact 289821844

Rua Filipe Alistao, 75, Faro, Portugal,

Serves meat, vegan options available. Tex-Mex food and atmosphere, with a handful of vegetarian dishes on the menu in English, of which a few can be made vegan. Mon-Sun 7:00pm-12:00am

Category: Lacto, American, Beer/Wine, Mexican, Non-veg

First Review by hack_man

Great find - Edit

There is a lack of vegan food in faro so after finding this place on happy cow we thought we'd give it a shot. The other reviews were quite old so we weren't sure what to expect but we were pleasantly surprised. They happily veganised two of the vegetarian options on the menu for us and both were delicious. They knew exactly what we meant when we asked for vegan food. Great friendly service, spoke English well. We loved it!

Recommended! - Edit

Very nice texmex food! I recommend the vegimix, it's possible to order a vegan version of it. Really liked it! Nice staff too. The best food experience during our stay in Faro!

tasty menu and relaxed vibe - Edit

What a relief that we found this restaurant in Faro; there's not much choice for a vegan in this city. We had a tasty dinner and the drinks were delish! The restaurant itself had a really good atmosphere and was really cool decorated. The staff was friendly and took the time to explain us the menu in English.

Pros: Cocktails!, Cool interior, Really tasty food

I love Tequila, It Makes me Happy - Edit

What a nice surprise to find this on Happy Cow. I've only ever visited this place once back in 2010 whilst staying in Faro for a night before returning to the UK......and what a great night it was. The place was full when we arrived at around 9pm so we arranged to come back at around 10pm. Even then we stilll had to wait a while for a seat but after a delicious Margarita or two we certainly didn't mind at all. This place is a total party zone with great food, fantastic atmosphere and enthusiastic staff who actually appear to enjoy being there. The traditional Mexican food was genuinely superb with excellent vegetarian and vegan choices. It was freshly made and memorably tasty. After the food, one of the staff sat with us and poured tequila shots straight from the bottle to have with slices of lemon and salt. As far as I remember this was all part of the formality and I can't honestly remember beign charged for it as the bill was so reasonable. I tell you now, if I ever stay in Faro again I will definitely be going to Taco y Tequilla. Viva Mexico.

Pros: great atmosphere, food, staff & tequilla

Return to Faro Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Taco y Tequilla closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1568 times since Jul 2013.