Taco Odelay

• ( 7 reviews )

Serves meat, vegan options available. Assembly line style where you build your own burrito, taco, salad, or bowl. Start with black beans and/or lime rice, add toppings like sautéed vegetables, then choose your sauces and garnish. Apr 2019 reported cross-contamination may occur from shared fryers. Please keep HappyCow updated. Relocated from 12 Gilbo Ave. Open Mon-Sun 11:00am-9:00pm.

Categories: Lacto, American, Fast food, Take-out, Mexican, Fusion, Non-veg

First Review by BJWahl

Tellitlikeitis

Points +343

16 Nov 2021

Excellent vegan option...but pay attention!

Tofu sauce has honey which is ridiculous (especially since its marked vegan)...but ya don't need tofu to make a burrito. The basics rice and beans and all the topping are super delicious. Homemade guacamole that is out of this world. Plus they serve beer! Service isn't great, but if you get a beer and sit down, it's all good.

Pros: Delicious, albeit limited vegan options, Good pricing

Cons: Tofu has honey wtf

anna_m

Points +78

15 Jan 2020

Extensive menu, room for modifications

On the surface, this place may appear to center around meat-based Mexican dishes, but with tofu, tons of fresh veggies, and avocado fixings on the menu, there is actually a lot of room to create a dish that works for you. I had 3 tacos with rice and beans, tofu, picked veggies, and avocado slices, and they were delicious and filling. Very friendly staff.

Pros: Open to menu changes, Tofu as a protein option

Cons: No vegan cheese/sour cream, etc.

l0ne

Points +43

08 Apr 2019

Not really vegan friendly

One could put together a rice and bean burrito, and they do have some delicious add-ons like assorted pickled veggies.

Unfortunately their "vegan" menu item features the grilled tofu, which is marinated in honey.

Pros: Friendly staff, Good music selection, Yummy pickled veggies

Cons: Non-vegan item labelled as vegan, Very limited selection for vegans

xjane

Points +36

20 Feb 2019

AMAZING

The tofu, kale, and rice bowl is a dream. I absolutely loved it. It is so hard to find delicious vegan food that’s not insanely expensive. It was about $10 but it’s organic, gluten free, and vegan. And I mentioned super yummy. Good portion size too, I was very full and satisfied. I will be coming back!

beckylong

Points +1094

11 Dec 2018

Love the Freshness and Convenience

About once each week or every other week, we order a Ziggy Salad that we make Vegan - without cheese and add tofu - it is delicious and the tofu is marinated in some sort of garlic which adds a nice bite! The salad includes so many goodies like half an avocado, chickpeas, pickled veggies, etc 🤤 And I order it on my phone with a super-convenient app, I can even type in what time we want to pick it up!!!

UPDATE: I guess I was experiencing “beginners luck” because now there is always a problem with our order from no dressing to adding CHEESE - yuck 🤢 We spend just as much time going back if we get takeout or having them remake our salads if we are still there! The food is really good, but the service is terrible!! If you are going to deviate from the menu - I do NOT suggest it!!!

Pros: The food is yummy! 😋

Cons: Service - they do not listen to your order!

NorthernStar

06 Jul 2019

I agree that the service has become very spotty! Sometimes they are great and other times terrible. My sense is too busy and too many poorly trained and/or low motivated high school/Keene State students assembling the food. Not that such humans couldn't do a good job, but many of them don't seem to be! I've had several instances of the tofu I request not being added to my sweet potato burrito and some very irregular sizing and quantity of different fillings. I wish the owners would read these comments and adjust!

NorthernStar

Points +274

Vegetarian
14 May 2017

Delicious, Great Bang for your Buck!

Generous, well-stuffed burritos with wonderfully flavorful fillings! I ate here while visiting Keene and had the Mind Body Soul: roasted sweet potato, queso fresco, guacamole, Asian slaw, roja, house pickled veggies. YUM! I also asked if they could add grilled tofu which they were happy to do. The tofu add-on is not listed, but they do have a vegan, gluten-free Tofu Kale Bowl over brown rice on the menu, which is how I thought to ask about adding tofu. They also have a veg salad, the Ziggy, with chick peas, avocado, candied walnuts and maple balsamic over greens, cabbage and cucumbers that looks delicious, too. You won't leave here hungry, while their prices are still really good ($7.95 for my burrito before tofu add-on). My kind of place! Would give 5 stars if possible.

Pros: Great value, generous portions, Scrumptious, whole-food fillings, Really friendly, helpful staff

Cons: None from first visit!

BJWahl

Points +60

28 Jan 2015

Fresh and delicious with many veg options

We go to Taco Odelay at least once a week, because the food is really delicious. They originally had a grilled tofu option posted. That is now off the menu (a bad move IMO) but is still available if you ask for it. They also have a sweet potato and a sautéed vegetables options available. You tell them what you want to add to the beans, lime rice, and tofu, such as quasacaca (a really tasty sauce), pico de gallo, pico rosa, pickled vegetables, Asian slaw, lime sour cream, sharp cheddar, and more. Vegan is definitely possible. You can get either a huge burrito, 3 tacos, a salad, or a bowl and prices are in the $8.00 range. The staff are really friendly and accomodating. You can order online or call and pick it up, or there is seating for about 12. Outside tables are also available.
Updated from previous review on Wednesday January 28, 2015

Pros: Great food, Grilled tofu and build your own, Friendly staff

Return to Keene Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Taco Odelay closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.