Taco Mazama - Princes St

+44-1312254729

95 Princes St, Edinburgh, Scotland, EH1 2EU

Serves meat, vegan options available. Californian-style taqueria and burrito bar with multiple locations. Has a vegan chilli filling and tofu. Staff will swap cheese for guacamole. Open Mon-Thu 8:00am-9:00pm, Fri 8:00am-10:00pm, Sat 11:00am-10:00pm, Sun 11:00am-7:00pm.

Categories: Lacto, American, Fast food, Take-out, Mexican, Non-veg

First Review by TrixieFirecracker

lack of love - Edit

To be honest it's not the normal place I visit.
A lack of love and interest and although they had tofu it felt like a tick box exercise. A couple of indies in Edinburgh at least offer haggis and some thought.
The burrito was eatable l, just. Although not absolutely terrible, pretty closed it filled me up but I wasn't satisfied.

Pros: vegan option

Cons: £7 for a takeaway burrito

ok, not great - Edit

Ordered (via ubereats) the vegan burrito with vegan mac and cheese. Would have preferred more of the Mac and cheese but it was ok, not great, it was lacking in flavour. Would try eating in next time to try other things on their menu after reading other reviews.

Great vegan options - Edit

I'm getting right into my burrito bowls! I love burritos but one things I don't like is all of the flavours just merge into one - with this I could just spoon (they'd run out of plastic forks) out ingredients as I fancied, and really taste the Mac and cheese. Wraps are probably more environmentally friendly through as they usually don't need (plastic) cutlery. :(

As well as vegan Mac and cheese, they also have veg chilli, vegetarian haggis, and chipotle tofu as vegan fillings.

I have a Swippii card so I also got 50p off the chipotle tofu one for my other half. Service was fast and they pack a lot of tables tightly into the small space. It's in a great location right on Princes Street. Pleased they're still swapping cheese for guacamole for free for vegans, unlike another Edinburgh burrito place which charges an extra £1... (though said place *has* said recently they've been testing vegan cheese). Over £10 for a large burrito though, ouch! Not today!

A good option if you're on the move, and this hit the spot for a quick dinner between seeing Fringe shows.

Pros: Several vegan options, Free guacamole for vegans (cheese swap), Fast food and service

Cons: A bit on the more expensive side

Return to Edinburgh Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Taco Mazama - Princes St closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.