Taco Mamacita

• Veg-friendly
Contact 423-648-6262

109 N Market St (at Frazier Ave), Chattanooga, Tennessee, USA, 37405

Serves meat, vegan options available. Comfortable and casual American Mexican restaurant with several lacto vegetarian options on the menu and has a separate vegan menu with around 10 items plus sides. Try the vegetarian jerk taco, sweet potato fries, and mango salsa.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, American, Mexican, Non-veg

First Review by alancarter78

vegan tacos are to die for! - Edit

This restaurant is a MUST for vegans that are craving tacos or tortilla soup! Not only do they have a huge vegan menu, but their food is fresh and innovative! One of my fave places to go in Chattanooga for sure.

Pros: huge vegan menu, fresh ingredients, warm atmosphere

Cons: parking can be difficult

Fresh and healthy - Edit

They have a separate vegan menu you need to ask for. It is items from their reg menu minus meat, cheese, and other dairy. Our dishes were filled with beans, corn, rice, fresh tomatos, etc. They had great sides like fried plantains. the Enchilada sauce was on point. Don't pay for the chips and salsa. Chips are not fresh or house-made and are over salty. Drinks were good and affordable.

Pros: fresh veggies, healthy (no mock meats/cheese), roasted sauses and salsas

Cons: gross chips

Fun Place! - Edit

I love the different types of fresh chunky salsas! My kids and I had a great meal here. Friendly waitstaff.

Pros: Friendly staff, Cool decor, Fresh food made in house

Cons: Tofu would be a great addition

good, not amazing...but wasn't armed w/all needed - Edit

Wish I had known to ask for the vegan menu. I had looked up veg places on Happy Cow, just to get an idea what was around, but did not have WiFi when a decision needed to be made. So we did not read the comments, just remembered name & found via GPS. Anyway, what I had was good...and different. A bit pricier than I would have liked, but at least came away full after a day of hiking around Chattanooga! My husband, the meat eater really enjoyed his dinner. Hopefully other vegs will read & know to ask for the separate menu.

BEWARE - Edit

I have been going to Taco Mamacita for years and I love it, but I had an interesting conversation with one of the managers a couple weeks ago. He discovered, after years of flour tortillas being on the VEGAN menu, that they had milk in them. The real vegan option are corn tortillas but they are not very good. Also, their chips are cooked in the same fryer as the shrimp so ask for baked chips. I wish they would just carry different chips without the need to heat them because the baked chips are a little gross unless they are cooked really well. I still like Taco Mamacita but they need to change their menu for people with serious allergies.

Not very "kid" friendly vegan menu - Edit

The vegan menu is great, but what they fail to realize, as so many other restaurants that have veg offerings fail to realize, is that veg parents, have veg kids. Have some mock meats available. My son had to get mac n cheese (yeech) last time we were there, which seemed to be just a small cup of easy-mac. Some kid friendly veg options would be great!! That said, the food my husband and I got was good. But I felt bad for my lil boy, who wanted some mexican food. We will not be going back.

Pros: Nice staff

Cons: No kid friendly menu items

TacoMamacita - Edit

Great place to eat! Vegetarian & Vegan friendly. There are a couple of vegetarian tacos on the regular menu. They also have a Vegan menu - you just have to ask for it! Don't forget to try the margaritas!

Pros: excellent food, healthy cuisine

Return to Chattanooga Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Taco Mamacita closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2024 times since May 2010.