Taco Bus - Food Truck

Contact 727-322-5000

2324 Central Ave, St Petersburg, Florida, USA, 33712

Serves meat, vegan options available. Taco trucks operating at multiple Florida cities. Offers a variety of fillings including tofu, vegan cheese, tempeh, butternut squash and steak strips. Rice, beans, guacamole and salsa are vegan. Vegan items are cooked on the same grill as meat.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Fast food, Mexican, Take-out only, Non-veg

First Review by lulu58

Good Variety, but Meat in My Taco... - Edit

I don't want to discredit Taco Bus, because they do a great job of offering a variety of vegan and vegetarian options, so you don't feel like a weirdo when going out with meat-eating friends. I like that a lot about Taco Bus. I have been to the one in Lakeland before. Unfortunately, when I went to this one, I ordered butternut squash (I liked it!) and had a piece of pork in my taco....not cool. I didn't complain, because of the long line; but I do hope that they are more careful about this when they are less busy. My girlfriend got the vegan steak, and hers didn't have any trace meat. Maybe mine was a one-time thing? Overall, I still like Taco Bus and will go back again, just being extra careful.

Pros: Variety of Vegan Options, Really Tasty!, All dips/sides are vegan

Cons: Serving Meat, Potential meat in food- Be careful!!

No longer vegetarian - Edit

I used to love this place but it has really gone down hill in recent months, ever since the last menu change. Service has always been hit or miss, which is fine for a place like this, but the food quality is not nearly as good as it once was and they seem to have changed their stance on trying to be vegan/vegetarian friendly. They've removed tempeh from the menu, they rarely have tofu in stock and worst of all they've stopped cleaning their cooking surfaces before cooking their "vegetarian" filings, so your veggie burrito is actually full of animal grease. The menu used to state that they would clean the grills but that has been removed as well. I found a chunk of hamburger in my mushroom burrito last time I went there. I used to come here 2-3 times a week, but never again. There are much better options now, especially for vegans.

Veg-Friendly, Good Food - Edit

I love Taco Bus! I like the vegan burrito with tempeh and the Butternut Squash Centro but my favorite item to order is the Burrito Prenado with Butternut Squash! YUM! Their portions are large and I usually get two meals out of my order - can't beat that!

Pros: Taste, Portion, Price

Cons: None!

I love Taco Bus - Edit

I love Taco Bus! Order the vegan burrito with tempeh or without. I spilt the meal with my boyfriend. The drinks are very sugary so I recommend mixing them with water or ice tea. Again, delicious food, great portions, right price.

Pros: portion size , price , taste

Veg-Friendly, Fun Place - Edit

We had good bean tacos with veggies piled on, and a good time was had by all. Could use some overhead fans in Summer, but otherwise fun and very inexpensive./

Pros: Veg-friendly, Inexpensive, Fun place

Cons: Need fans outside

Return to St Petersburg Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Taco Bus - Food Truck closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1288 times since Dec 2011.