Taberna Vegetariana Gaia

Contact 881924087

Orzan 206-208, A Coruna, Spain, 15003

Vegetarian food bar. Reported change of ownership 2014 and menu food items are all vegan, including typical Spanish tapas and Galician food. The only non-vegan item is cow milk for coffee. Open Mon-Fri 9:00am-11:00pm, Sat 12:00pm-11:30pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Mediterranean, Take-out, Spanish

First Review by DanLights

Mejorando - Edit

Fui hace años y lo único que valía la pena eran las hamburguesas y las croquetas de grelos con mermelada de tomate.
Últimamente, parece que al haber cambiado de precio y han mejorado. Incluso tienen menú del día algunos días, que yo no he probado.

Pros: Ubicación perfecta.

Cons: Carito para lo que es. Baño incómodo y horrible. L

Just go there! - Edit

Had lunch there while visiting the city for the day! The restaurant is quite cute and the menu is adorable! Everything on the menu is also vegan which is super! I had the the nachos with guacamole as an entrée and although it was simple, it was the best guacamole I've ever had! I also had the Caesar Salad which was really good and included vegan Caesar dressing! I had one of the sandwiches too which had vegan cheese (best cheese ever). If you wanna go somewhere vegan for lunch while you're here, I would strongly recommend this place! One of the staff also speaks English if you struggle with Spanish! Oh and it's very well priced I believe, for what you get!

Pros: Great food!, Fast & friendly service!, Good portions!

Cons: Don't speak English very well!

community filled, junk food heaven - Edit

so I kinda lived in this place for a week during a conference. the co ference venue sucked for food; ie. chips and suspicious pasta.

this place is basically a bar, people come here to hang out. the staff don't go out their way to be anything special but they'll bring you food and drinks. menu is pretty extensive and unless you going down the salad route then its not healthy at all. I'd been on my feet all day though and was super happy to have veggie burger covered in while grain mustard, veggie hotdog with crispy onions, bigplates of salad with tasty sauces and sharable starters.

Pros: most dishes can be halved to a tapas size, cater w

Cons: if your trying to be healthy don't order the chips

Amazing place! - Edit

This was a wonderful surprise: a vegan restaurant in Spain :) And such a good one: we've had vegan callos (a typical spanish dish which is usually made with cow's gut), hotdogs, samosas, croquets (another typical spanish dish), just to name a few! Everything was great! The wine is organic! And it is very cheap! What's more dogs (or cats) are allowed into the restaurant and they give them water and a vegan treat! A must-go for sure!

Pros: Excellent food, Good value, Friendly staff

Cons: Nothing

been here today (11/10/14) - Edit

Omg! How happy i was to find a fully vegan cafe in Spain! I stopped at A Coruna on my way to Santiago and was just so excited to eat smth other than bread... At Gaia i had two tapas: smth like thick gravy or soup with nut, soy sausage and mushroom and another one if pasta with veggies. All was yummy! Took home a veggie burger as well, had a little bite, even though it was for tmr train, and OMG it was delissssious! Highly recommend for all the vegan and vegetarians visiting A Coruna. Ребята веганы из России, вас всем сюда! Тут вкусно и нн дорого:) не пропустите!!!

Pros: food!, reasonable prices, central location

Cons: interior design (for my taste)

Regular - Edit

Fui el día de San Juan y los dueños no parecían muy contentos, no atendieron con muy buena cara. La hamburguesa de soja que comí no era muy rica, pero tenia hambre asi que me la comi toda. Habra que ver otras opciones la próxima que vaya.

Pros: Lugar vegetariano en el centro de Coruña, Variedad en la carta

Cons: Porciones pequeñas, Venden queso, leche, etc, Baño de avión

A great discovery - Edit

As I said when creating my account,I'm not vegetarian,though I have vegetables on my diet.
The Taberna Vegetariana Gaia has been an incredible experience.I never thought that this kind of food could be so tasty.I enjoy every dish I try.
Besides,the owner is very well informed about nutritional aspects.So,everything she prepares is balanced.
I totally recommend it!!!!!!

Pros: Excellent food, Healthy, Friendly staff

Great place - Edit

Small but comfortable, run by the owners, it's vegetarian but a lot of vegan options and most dishes can be ordered in a "vegan version" anyways. I'd reccomend it to any vegan or vegetarian going through Coruña. My favorites are the Fideuá, the vegan burger or the "Callos" (like a soup with shitake mushrooms, chickpeas and tofu sausages).

Pros: Great food, Variety for vegans, Friendly staff and family atmosphere

Return to A Coruna Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Taberna Vegetariana Gaia closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1760 times since Nov 2013.