Taberna 99 at 99 Surf Lodge

+505-76405655

Limon No 2, Playa Popoyo, Tola, Tola, Nicaragua

Serves meat, vegan options available. A beachfront restaurant specializes in contemporary cuisine. Menu offers a wide variety of vegan choices for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Made-in-house vegan burgers, salads with veggie proteins, pastas and pizzas are always available. Produces own vegan cheese from local cashews and an option of vegan dessert is always available such as frozen banana, vegan brownie or coconut balls. Open Mon-Sun 7:00am-9:00pm.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Pizza, International, Italian, Organic, Thai, Mediterranean, Fusion, Non-veg

First Review by SimonZanini

Food was just OK, mosquitos ruined atmosphere and our dinner - Edit

I was glad all vegan food was marked in the menu. We have ordered tomato gazpacho, which I just tried and felt that there is diary in it. I didn’t ask afterwards as I don’t speak spanish and did not want to ruin our afternoon, but my boyfriend is vegetarian and he was happy to eat it ( he described taste as tomatoes with sour cream) pasta was too oily and salads was so so. We rushed so much as through entire dinner we were bitten by mosquitos and had 10-15 flies around all the time. I have never gotten bitten so bad! Seriously? After they are acting like a fancy hotel. I asked if they have a spRay as obviously they didn’t appear today, they might have this problem for ages but they didn’t even have off spray. The only good and really tasty thing we got was coconut balls (which I hope was really vegan haha).

Pros: vegan food is marked on the menu, modern nice design, staff vary friendly

Cons: all my legs got bitten by mosquitos

Vegan experience @ Popoyo - Edit

We step into Taberna 99 by chance, while walking on Popoyo beach, attracted by the awesome design of 99 Surf Lodge. To our surprise the restaurant had some remarcable options of vegan and raw vegan food. We eat the veggy Trio entry, a wasabi flavoured hummus that comes with carrots and cucomber fingers, followed by a truly big and delicious lentil vegan burger. We highly recommend it to all vegan and sustainable life Style lovers.

Pros: Excellent food, Fantastic view and location, Friendly and professional staff

Cons: The menù is not 100% vegan

Return to Tola Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Taberna 99 at 99 Surf Lodge closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.