First Review by bunyak

Terrible experience - Edit

The restaurant was busy when we arrived but we got a table straight away and ordered quickly.

Firstly we ordered milkshakes. My banana and cinnamon shake was insipid and tasted like milk with a dash of cinnamon. Either the banana was forgotten or so minimal that it couldn't be tasted. My partner's mango shake was ok.

We waited over 1 hour and 15 minutes for our starter to arrive which was the highlight, tasty veggie pakoras.

After another 1/2 hour the mains came up. The mutter paneer sauce was fairly tasteless with just 5 pieces of paneer in the soupy sauce.

My aloo baht was ok. The potatoes on the outside were crispy and good but the fried rice with veg was fairly tasteless.

The manager did keep apologising for the long wait with an array of excuses which included "it's been raining so more people have come out", "normally we are quite empty and it's a small kitchen". The restaurant only seats around 25 people and had a kitchen staff of 4.

We appreciate that all dishes are made fresh but the wait was unacceptable. I wish we were told when entering.

Finally, the music was very repetitive and the Wi-Fi didn't work.

Cons: Long wait, Poor drinks, Some tasteless dishes

Cozy little vegan friendly place to relax. - Edit

This is one of the few places where we didn't need our vegan guide to help us find vegan options. There are a few options, clearly marked, and more available, if you ask. We ate here several times and the food was always great. This is not somewhere you want to go if you're in a hurry. Kick off your shoes and pick the floor seating. Order some drinks and enjoy the atmosphere. If you want something to do, grab a drum, or walk back to the kitchen and ask if you may help. Everything is made to order. I highly recommend this place!

Pros: Atmosphere, Great food, Friendly staff

Return to Pokhara Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Taal Lounge Cafe and Restaurant closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.