CLOSED: Syra-Juice

• Veg-friendly

Contact 315-475-8423

720 University Ave (at /in Marshall Square Mall), Syracuse, New York, USA, 13210

Serves meat, vegan options available. The assortment of vegetarian and vegan meals includes wraps, burrito, and protein shakes. Reported closed to HappyCow.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, American, Juice bar, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by TexasVegan

Not good. Super Salty. - Edit

I ate there today and had the vegan chicken sandwich with two sides (fries and rice and beans). There were two positives: the whole meal was $6.99, and the bread for the sandwich is Pastas stretch bread. Now the negatives. This was by far the saltiest meal I have ever eaten. The vegan chicken was super salty. I was able to get through the sandwich because the bread was good. The fries were not edible. They had so much salt and seasoning on them they hurt. The rice for the rice and beans more resembled rice-mush, and the beans too were super salty. My mouth actually hurt after eating this meal because the sodium level was so high in this meal.

Pros: Cheap, Good Sandwich Bread

Cons: Tastes Bad, Super Salty

good if you don't know better - Edit

when i became vegetarian when i was 13 or 14, this place ruled. the vegan chicken wrap was outstanding. visiting it further on down the road and having learned alot about cooking myself, this place seriously lacks. you can make a better vegan wrap yourself for less money and the same amount of time really. And with Alto Cinco's amazing vegan burrito so closeby and similarly priced, why bother?

Cons: not filling, bad taste

Excellent Food! - Edit

Syra-Juice is a must visit place for all vegetarians/vegans.
They have a "vegan" special every day ranging from vegan pulled "pork" sandwiches to "chicken" parm. with spaghetti.
The owner is extremely nice and has been known to give out freebies!
The peanut butter, banana, chocolate vegan protein shake is TO DIE FOR!

Syra-Juice - Edit

I have only eaten at Syra-Juice once, but so far I'm relatively unimpressed. I have not yet had the juice (I'm not much on smoothies), but I have had the vegan chicken burrito. The pros to my meal were that is affordable and very conveniently located if you're a student at SU. The cons of my meal was that it wasn't very good. It was okay, and I suppose it is important to note that I am a native Texan and very accostumed to top notch mexican food - but the 'vegan chicken' is just tofu and the black beans aren't drained very well, resulting in a very soggy burrito. I'm sure I'll eat there again simply because of the close proximity to my school, so perhaps I'll report back if I find something delicious on the menu, but so far I'm unimpressed and really only recommend it to vegans attending SU who are only looking for a convenient and affordable vegan option and not a delicious meal. Oh, it does offer a breakfast from 7:30 am to 10:30 that sounds promising. I'll look into that soon.

Pros: affordable, close to SU

Cons: mediocre food

Return to Syracuse Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Syra-Juice closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 342 times since Aug 2007.