21-7, Kitanominecho, Furano, Japan

Serves meat, vegan options available. Eatery and accommodation. Offers ramen, udon, cheese spring rolls, and rice balls. Has special menu for vegetarians. Egg, onion, garlic, milk are optional. Last order 30 minute prior to closing. Note: kitchen may stop serving 30-60 minutes prior to closing, check ahead. Open Mon 11:30am-3:00pm, Mon-Sun 6:00pm-10:00pm, Wed-Sun 11:30am-3:00pm.

Categories: Lacto, Ovo, Japanese, Non-veg

First Review by Lovemyveg

Great for vegetarians - Edit

There is a special vegetarian menu. It has udon, curry ramen, or Japanese curry as the main dishes and Hokkaido edamame, cheese spring rolls, fresh salad, fried potatoes and vegetable stir-fry as the side dishes. You have to order one of the main dishes per person and cannot just order sides.

I went twice and the first time ordered vegetarian food. For two people, we got curry ramen, Japanese curry, edamame, fried potatoes, and vegetable stir-fry, and local wine and a peach sour. They didn't have fresh salad that day, unfortunately.

Everything seemed freshly made by hand. except for the fried potatoes and ketchup/butter they came with and the noodles in the soup. I was impressed with the flavor of everything. The peach sour was particularly good- I couldn't taste the alcohol at all. Some shops use poor-quality shochu that tastes like it could strip grime off of walls but this was excellent. Probably the nicest peach sour I've ever had.

The Japanese curry was great as well- I tend to not like Japanese curry as I think it's too thick but this has to be the best one I've ever had.

I went back again and tried to order vegan food and the owner seemed a bit confused- maybe because I'd had vegetarian food the day before? She recommended the curry again, and I also had edamame and fried potatoes. I am not really sure if the fried potatoes were vegan but she did serve them without butter this time. Just from the taste I think the previous day's vegetable stir-fry might be vegan as well.

There is a sign on the wall saying that the ramen soup stock is vegan- but it doesn't mention that the ramen comes with an egg, or that it seems to be made with egg noodles... I thought it was a bit confusing for vegans...

Still, the staff lady was nice and I would definitely go back. Navo was closed the whole time I was there so there weren't many choices in the area and I was really happy that this place was open.

I had to wait for a table once so I guess it gets busy.

The upstairs of the building serves as accommodation as well.

Pros: Has vegetarian menu, Friendly staff, Most food is freshly made

Cons: Vegan options not well explained or marked on menu

Friendly and cosy - Edit

Be sure to ask for the vegetarian menu. It seems very safe for vegos. Curry ramen was pretty good. Ask for no egg if you don't eat them. We had dinner twice here during our 4 night stay in Furano. The service is super friendly.

Curry ramen is good - Edit

Please let the owner know if you need vegan foods. Their foods do contains egg, milk and onions. Thanks

Return to Furano Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Syoujikimura closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.