CLOSED: Sylvia's Brick Oven

765-250-5047

625 Columbia St, Lafayette, Indiana, USA, 47901

Serves meat, vegan options available. Features a wood fired pizza oven and has vegan cheese and vegan pesto for pizza. Also a few appetizers, salads, and pasta dishes are vegan and marked. Reported closed, Jan 2017. Open Mon-Sat 5:00pm-10:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Pizza, Italian, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

First Review by Marsha48

fantastic pizza crust - Edit

Vegan pizza in Lafayette - finally. This is an upscale place - full bar and a price to match that. Not the most kid-friendly either. The pizza is usually awesome. I've eaten there numerous times and all but one time (one of the times I did carry out) the pizza was great. Brought visiting friends to it and they said it was the best pizza they've had. Use of daiya is constrained so not overwhelming. The crust is the real star here - chewy and fantastic. Pasta was also good.

Pros: Vegan pizza!, Nice atmosphere, vegan pastas

Cons: Not the most kid friendly, Price

For the Vegans - Edit

The garlic knots are good but the pizza is an acquired taste I think. To me I feel like we could've bought a Daiya pizza from the health food store and cooked it at home and had a better outcome. It was so chewy that my jaw hurt afterwards but I do applaud them for trying to make vegan pizza. Most places won't even give it a shot. The Pasta looked good and the vegan pesto was good but beware if you ask for marinara. We told them we were vegans and they topped it with Parmesan

Pros: garlic knots, pesto

The only vegan pizza in town! - Edit

I LOVE that I can order a pizza in town and actually get vegan cheese on it too! Sylvia's offers not only Daiya cheese, but vegan pesto as well. They denote which items are vegan on their menu, and their menu changes with the seasons so there are always opportunities for new items with fresh ingredients.

Delicious food, great atmosphere and fancy drinks! Sometimes there is even entertainment from the piano.

I would give it 5 stars if I was allowed to (you can only grant 4 stars to non-vegetarian restaurants) because it is the first restaurant in town to really try to cater to the vegan audience.

Pros: Vegan cheese!, Great drinks, Many options

Cons: No ability to make reservations

Marsha48 18 Jul 2014 - They've updated their menu and added new vegan options to their appetizer section and their pasta section! They also plan to add a vegan dessert at some point (a fruity calzone!)

Thanks Sylvia for continuing to be AWESOME.

Return to Lafayette Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Sylvia's Brick Oven closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.