CLOSED: Sykamore Vegan House

• Vegan

Contact 214-826-0305

4029 Crutcher St, Dallas, Texas, USA, 75206

A small, family-run Asian fusion spot that opened May 2014 near Baylor Medical Center and Deep Ellum. 16 seats. Features vegan versions of Asian dishes from China, Thailand, and Malayaisa plus some western dishes. Confirmed closed, Jan 2016.

Category: Vegan, American, Chinese, Organic, Juice bar, Take-out, Asian, Fusion, Malaysian

First Review by

Wonderful place for Vegans - Edit

I was happy to meet "Katie" and enjoy my meal there. Sykamore Vegan House has lots of potential and I wish all the success possible.

Pros: vegan , vegan, vegan

Cons: hard to find on bus, needs more raw selections

I Love Sykamore! - Edit

I've tried nearly everything by now and I've gotta say I love it all! With the exception of their Pad Thai, it's much too sweet for what I feel a Pad Thai should taste like. Other than that... Amazing! I get jalapeño summer rolls pretty much every time I go there. The pineapple fried rice (add jalapeños) is my go-to, it always hits the spot! I stick with the rice entrees mainly. I highly recommend you try their Tom Yum too! Mmmm!

Pros: juice bar too, good smoothies , always fresh mint infused water , prices are really good too

Delicious all-vegan food! - Edit

I'm moving to Dallas from the east coast and so was a little apprehensive about being able to find good veg*n food in Texas. One trip to Sykamore totally assuaged my fears! I've had the sweet & sour chik'n, sambal fried rice, and "beef" red curry and all have been delicious. Only a few parking spaces and there's limited seating but I've only ever done take-out from there anyway. So tasty!

Pros: Delicious food, All vegan, Friendly staff

Cons: Limited parking, No a/c?

awesome veg fare - Edit

As a vegan flight attendant, I'm always on the lookout for vegan restaurants in every city and country I travel to. I had a layover in Dallas, and this place was one of the first to pop up here on HappyCow. I loved how friendly and down to earth the server was. It's a small place and can fill up quickly, but they really do their best to take care of everyone. The menu was quite extensive and I was impressed with their selection~ definitely something for everyone. They had yummy-looking stuff for people that are into the soy meats but I was also pleased to see that they had whole food options too. I ordered the potato curry and teriyaki broccoli, which both came with rice. It was tasty and quite filling! I even had leftovers, which is rare because I eat a lot! All in all, I was so happy to find and support a local vegan establishment in this area. The server was even nice enough to throw a free oatmeal cookie in with my order which was so incredibly sweet. Definitely give this place a try~ you will surely find something delicious to eat!

Pros: big menu with good variety of dishes, great friendly service, supporting a local vegan establishment is always a

Best restraunt I have ever been to! - Edit

Fantastic! Preach to the skies! God this place is so good. It is so great that I order two dishes, one for now and one for later. Service is excellent. Friendly fast, excellent price, large portions and fresh!!! By far my favorite place to eat in Dallas. Did I mention the water is essence water? Usually mint and cucumber when I've gone.

Pros: Great price, Fresh, Delicious

Cons: I can't eat more, No one knows about them!, I don't have more money to eat here more

Yummy Vegan Asian Food - Edit

This place was really good and had good prices. I highly recommend the spring rolls. The staff was very friendly and it looks like it is family run. This place really is a whole in the wall and only seats about 15 people but it wasn't that busy when we went so it didn't matter.

Pros: Lots of choices , pretty cheap starters

really good food - Edit

For appetizer I had curry potato rolls which were delicious. My main was a spicy chicken with brown rice which was also very tasty. The owners couldn't have been nicer and were excited I found the place thru happy cow while on a work trip Menu was extensive so something for everyone

Hidden treasure!! - Edit

Arrived at this hole-in-the-wall place not knowing what to expect. The inside is a little cramped, but full of charm! The waiter was so nice and helpful with our questions. The water is filtered and infused with mint and lime/lemon, which was a refreshing surprise. They don't seem to have air conditioning but it wasn't too bad. We ordered the dumplings, which were amazing!! I ordered the orange chicken and my boyfriend ordered the green chicken curry. He loved his dish, but we both fought over eating the orange chicken. It was just so delicious. The sauce was much more refined than other Asian restaurants I've eaten at before. The owner and his son came out and talked to us the whole time, asking how everything was and then he told us their story. They moved from Austin, and the restaurant has only been open three months. I've been day dreaming about that orange chicken every since I left! Do yourself a favor and go to Sycamore. They also have a buffet during weekday afternoons. Let's keep this place open!

Pros: Excellent food, Friendly + helpful customer service , Extensive menu

Cons: Small dining room , Warm climate

humble delicious little hole in the wall - Edit

It looks like one of those sketchy neighborhood dives dotting the Dallas landscape. But don't judge a book by its proverbial cover. Surrounded by prayer beads, heart sutra and nunchucks, you'll be transported into a Buddhist inspired Chinese feast that's well priced and generously apportioned. We loved the roti chanai, Kung pao chick'in and the spicy cha cha. Best in the city. Can't wait to return and try everything else on their extensive menu. Service is homey and gracious and the tap water is mint infused, which is a nice extra caring touch.

Pros: food is superb, portions are nicely sized , prices are reasonable

Cons: location, for me, is a bit inconvenient, neighborhood, for me, is a bit sketchy

Great vegan - Edit

While at a class next door, my three carnivore colleagues and I were looking for a close lunch. My friends had been dropped off that morning and had no car, so we walked up Crutcher St. and into Sykamore. I've been keeping Vegan for 1.5 years and was delighted to have a complete menu to order from. Usually my colleagues pick the restaurant and I end up eating french fries for lunch, but this day the shoe was on the other foot! While it took them a while to figure out what to get, and not everyone got what they were expecting, everyone was impressed with the taste and quality of their meals. So much so that we went back for lunch on day two. While mock meats are not my thing, my friends were hooked. I had a seaweed tofu wrap in a red curry sauce and spring rolls stuffed with a filling like samosa stuffing. Everything arrived fresh and hot. Water for the table was infused with mint and lime. Prices were very reasonable - I spent the most of our group and I got out for about $13.

Pros: Friendly family business, Fantastic food!, Very close to Baylor complex

Cons: small place

Really good. - Edit

Place has just opened in last couple of few weeks, and I have eaten there three times. Mongolian beef is so good, it makes a vegan feel guilty...almost. Tofu scramble is delish, as have been each of the three fruit smoothies that I have had there.
So nice to have an affordable and yummy vegan spot in the hood.

Pros: food is really good, owners friendly, prices are great

Cons: parking, not open late enough, no delivery

Return to Dallas Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Sykamore Vegan House closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 5385 times since Jun 2014.