Swing Kitchen - Schottenfeldgasse

n/a

Schottenfeldgasse 3, Vienna, Austria, 1070

First of a few outlets, this one est. 2015. Serves burgers, wraps, salads, sides, sweets and drinks. Plays swing music in the background. Uses CO2-neutral and bio-degradable ware, and sources electricity from renewable energy. Open Mon-Sun 11:00am-10:00pm.

Category: Vegan, American, Organic, Western, Fast food, Take-out

First Review by babebibobu

Amazing. - Edit

This place is great, the food and the environment. I had Cheeseburger with fries and they were very good. They have some herbs like basil and oregano around the place so you can take and put on your burger, that's awesome. The price is very reasonable for Vienna.

Pros: Herbs for free use, Fast

fantastic food! - Edit

Swing kitchen offers the best vegan burgers ever! My favorite is the Vienna burger and the kitchen wrap! It's so good. And their desserts are divine 🙏🏼 the price is totally okay for the amount of food (burger side drink between 7.50€-9€)

It's great to see that Swing Kitchen keeps opening restaurants in such locations next to the Mariahilferstraße. It's perfect for such a busy, touristy and hip area. Compared to the Swing Kitchen in Operngasse, this one is bigger and has more seats. The quality of the food is just as grand and the employees are always very friendly.

Pros: Good food for good prices

Amazing food - Edit

I went to Swing twice because of how amazing it was. The first time, I ordered the Swing Burger, with a side salad and a freshly-squeezed orange juice (menu deal). The burger was quite large and extremely taste, and I was pleasantly surprised to see that the side salad wasn't a small portion with just 5 leaves. Instead it was a decent sized salad, mixed with different veggies. I followed that with a tiramisu, which was so rich and creamy.
The second time, I ordered the new Smoked Tofu sandwich. It took me a couple bites to believe it was tofu because of how much it tasted like real meat, due to how smoky it was. The rest of the sandwich was really amazing and nicely complemented the smoky tofu. That time I also ordered onion rings and a slice of cheesecake, which both exceeded my expectations.
If you're in Vienna, go to one of the Swing restaurants. Honestly such cute places with amazing comfort food.

Pros: Amazing food, Cute restaurant, Little waiting time

Klasse Burger - Edit

Sehr gute vegane Burger, Pommes, Zwiebelringe und typische Wiener Patisserie. 1 Punkt Abzug weil mit Plastik-frei geworben wird, die Getränke und Saucen aber in Plastik kommen.

MacGuru96 03 Mar 2017 - Der Kunststoff ist tatsächlich aus Pflanzen hergestellt und ist kompostierbar. :)

Great Place! - Edit

We came around 2pm on a weekday. The line was short and the place was about half full. The girls working the front both spoke English very well and were very helpful. We both ordered the schnitzel sandwich, me with the cole slaw and my wife with the fries. Everything was delicious! The decor was pretty cool, it reminded me of a tiled subway station and it was a bit retro. We got espresso coffee and a tiramisu at the end, also very delish. I would recommend checking this place out if you're in the area! Fast and fantastic service!

Pros: Great food!, Great service!, Gluten free choices!

Delicious burgers - Edit

Came here with an omni friend while staying in Vienna. Our burgers were amazing and the service was incredibly quick!

Pros: quick service, good value for money

Favourite - Edit

Swing Kitchen is a must on every visitor's list when in Vienna, imo. I love it, non-vegan friends love it - the burgers are honestly the best ones I have ever had :) Wraps and Salads are fantastic too. So basically everything on the menu. Lovely simple but stylish interior too.

Pros: food, people, interior

great icecream! - Edit

Had a tasty wrap with schnitzel, the basil lemon sauce was really good. Nice salad on the side. I was amazed with the "soft eis". There is the option to have it dipped in chocolate sauce. Soft ice is something that I have missed since becoming vegan so I was pleasantly surprised that they offer it here. Super good.

Hell yeah! - Edit

Swing Kitchen has all the makings of a good eatery: It's welcoming, clean, hip, affordable and provides food of good quality. The atmosphere is good and the staff are lovely, too.
And probably the best thing about Soul Kitchen are the opening times, since they don't close between afternoon and evening as many other places do.
However, one time I was feeling really sick after eating one tiramisu there, which tasted weird. And the (mainly prepared/pre-packaged) salads aren't so good anymore in the evenings.
Allover a convincing concept and a place you really looking forward going to.
Be aware that their ice cream portion is really huge.

Pros: opening hours!, good value, amazing staff and venue

Cons: salads bad in the evenings, refrigeration of sweets could be better

swing - Edit

Love their burgers and eat there regularly. However, I like the burgers at Veggieburger better, slightly. Still swing is a must in Vienna.

Pros: fast, good, all vegan

Burgers - Edit

Fast food for vegetarians and vegans. Because we also need junk food.
Fast and friendly service. The burger was good but not spectacular and the fries came half cold whicg is a shame for fries...
Not a bad experience but not sure I would go again.

Pros: Friendly Staff, Quick

Great place! - Edit

Really enjoyed this place. I had vegan schnitzel & fries, while my husband had the Vienna burger & coleslaw. Food was plentiful & very fresh. It was served quickly & with a smile. The coffee and fresh juice were great too!

Very convenient location close to MariahilferStrasse & the Museums Quarter. I would definitely recommend this place to others.

Pros: great food, , Friendly Service , Fresh ingredients

Cons: A little on the expensive side

I am Jeovegan witness - Edit

and this fast-food is Jeovegan! perfect! Got the vegan schnitzel with cole slaw salad and onion rings and my husband the chilli burguer. both of us drank fresh made orange juice. it is very cheap and fast, nice staff, no plastic at all, and really biiiiig sandwiches! very near from U3 Zieglergasse station!

Pros: vegan vegan vegan

Cons: I was too full to eat a dessert LMAO

Vegan Schnitzel - Edit

Best vegan Schnitzel in town. I really liked the salad and the G Spritzer. This is how fast food should be like.

Amazing - wonderful desserts - Edit

I got the Italian burger, and it was so much nicer than expected. It reminds me of the Southern Californian Veggie Grill. I paid a couple of EUROs extra and got it with fresh orange juice.

I also had Tiramisu and a raspberry cheesecake, and they were both amazing.

High class fast food - and very fast service.

I will be back when I'm in Vienna again.

Pros: All vegan, Amazing desserts, Biodegradable cutlery

You MUST eat here! - Edit

The Swing burger was the best, the cheese burger had a few too many onions, the vegan nuggets were wonderful and with a delicious BBQ dip, and the sacher muffin (a traditional Austrian dessert) was lovely as well (especially the chocolate sauce on top). The atmosphere was upbeat and lively and created the feeling like we wanted to hang out there. It was really exciting that everything was 100% vegan.

Pros: Everything is vegan, Delicious, Great selection

Amazing - Edit

I loved the atmosphere and the food, everything was perfect tbh.

Updated from previous review on 2016-06-04

Pros: Excellent food., Good value, Great atmosphere

Return to Vienna Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Swing Kitchen - Schottenfeldgasse closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.