CLOSED: Swim Cafe

Contact 312-492-8600

1357 W Chicago Ave (at Kennedy Expy), Chicago, Illinois, USA,

Serves meat, vegan options available. A few desserts and entrees plus the house made tzatsika sauce are vegan suitable. Could made other vegetarian items vegan upon request. SHUT DOWN LATE 2013, confirmed by its web message.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Non-veg

First Review by SynthVegan

Vegan Seitan Gyro - Edit

Big improvements have been made here since my visits back in 2008-2009. Swim Cafe is basically a coffee shop with an expanded menu including bagels, sandwiches, salads, and fresh baked goods - all categories have vegetarian and vegan options. I was impressed by the fact that they now have soy butter and vegan cheese available, and not to mention, their tasty seitan gyro with their homemade tofu tzatsika sauce - yum! They had 3 vegan desserts when I stopped by last week and I decided to get the Vegan Hor-Cha Cha Cha-Las cupcake - another yummmm for Swim! Now I have more reasons to stop by Swim besides filling my soy coffee and hot chocolate cravings. Now if they only carried tofu cream cheese, perfect for breakfast. :)

Cons: Be careful where you park

Return to Chicago Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Swim Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 157 times since May 2011.