Swegs Kitchen

504-301-9196

231 N Carrollton Ave Ste B, New Orleans, Louisiana, USA, 70119

Serves meat, vegan options available. Color-coded menu where vegan dishes are labeled. Breakfast, soup, pizza, panini, build-your-own salad. Uses environmentally-friendly packaging. Open Mon-Fri 7:00am-9:00pm, Sat-Sun 8:00am-7:00pm.

Categories: Lacto, American, Non-veg

First Review by monisonfire

Underwhelming - Edit

I had come here with a friend that loves it, I had been told many times that they have vegan options. I found the menu to just kind of be lacking. Yes, if I was in a pinch I could technically eat here. Would this be the place I chose? No. They do have califia farm coffee drinks, so that was nice because those are delicious.

Pros: labels vegan, califia farms coffee drinks

Cons: minimal selection for vegans

not worth a drive - Edit

in a city where veggie restaurants are rare, every place that makes it easy for vegetarians & vegans to find food should be embraced.

unfortunately, there are a few things that i didn't really like during my visit:
1) portions aren't very big. i had the bowl of veggie soup that was about 6 dollars. no bread or anything that came along. and while i expected a creamy soup (my fault), it was just veg stock and vegetables. the variety of vegetables was great though and the taste nice even though there could be more flavour.
2) vegan options are limited and while at any pizzeria there's always the option of leaving the cheese, this isn't the case here :(
no veggie wrap at all (not even vegetarian!)
3) no protein option for the "build your own salad". this could be so easy: tofu or beans. because i really like the idea!
4) even though i was eating in i received a plastic cup for the water and a plastic spoon for my soup. the bowl was made from recyclable material, thankfully.

the plus side:
the menu makes it easy to recognise vegan options. free water! staff was really nice.

i was in between giving 2 or 3 stars but all the plastic made me choose 2.
if you're not in the area, no bother coming here.

Pros: free water, easy menu, friendly staff

Cons: options/variety, not environmental friendly, portions/price

Return to New Orleans Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Swegs Kitchen closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.