1 Review

First Review by evZENy

Sweetgrass - Edit

I have been using Sweetgrass in the last 7-8 years. For one - I love to support the local businesses. And second - the gentleman who works there is a very good source of information and ideas. He has background, which allows him to offer solutions to different problems via different methods - herbs, homeopathy, Ayurveda, TCM etc. I personally have has many chats with him on all of the above, and though I tend to avoid homeopathy, I have gladly taken some of his other suggestions (and verified them with published knowledge).
As a store - the recent economic situation seems to be behind the reduction of what is available on the shelves. But they are always happy to order. One of the things I like is their choice of Kombucha, which is usually significantly cheaper from Whole Foods (the only other place I can buy it). We do buy some teas and some cosmsetics, as well as many of the herbal tinctures and vitamins (many are often on 10-20% sale). They do have a significant selection of meat substitutes, if you are into these.
Updated from previous review on Tuesday January 19, 2010

Pros: personal advice, local, somethings - cheap

Has CLOSED: Sweetgrass Market closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.