Sweet Water Cafe

Contact 906-226-7009

517 N 3rd St, Marquette, Michigan, USA, 49855

Serves meat, vegan options available. Restaurant, bakery, and bar. Offers some veg choices. Uses mostly locally grown and organic vegetables.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Organic, Juice bar, Beer/Wine, Bakery, Non-veg

First Review by veggie013

Not vegan friendly - Edit

We dined there a month ago and they didn't even know what vegan was. Although they tried, all they could offer us was a big salad with minimal dressing and minimal bread. They need to have much more to offer before I will return.

Pros: Large Salad, Refills on juice, Friendly staff

Cons: Food selection almost non-existant, Large salad but little dressing, minimal bread, No pickled vegetables offered.

Wonderful Family Find - Edit

This was a great find during our journey north. The staff and food were wonderful and accommodating of our small family.
I am so glad I found it again for our next trip north.

Pros: Family Friendly, Accommodating Staff, Delicious

We eat hear every time we drive up North! - Edit

My family and I found this cafe (before any of us were vegitarians), one rainy evening while driving through the Upper Peninsula. We were delighted and shocked to find a organic resaturant with vegitarian and many vegan choices in this area. After one great experiences there it became a family favorite and must go to destonation when driving up north. The atmosphere is refreshing, earthy, welcoming, and cozy. The staff are always very friendly and kind. And the food is fantastic!
The cafe does serve organic free range meat but has a huge swelection of out standing vegan entrées.I have never been to a not 100% vegan resturant with so many yummy vegan choices! The animal free menu goes on and on. They also have a long gluten free menu. If you are with a meat eater they can also get what they please, however the cooks are better at cooking vegitarian food then meat. The bakery part of the cafe could have a few more vegan and health food creations but this returant is amazing.

Pros: Tons of great vegan options, Freindly staff, nice atmospher

Cons: Not close to where i live

Yummy - Edit

This is my all-time favorite veg-friendly restaurant. It isn't exclusively vegetarian, but what they offer is fabulous. No pasta with marinara or deep fried vegetable baskets here. The vegetarian offerings are creative and taste great. The last time I was in the Upper Peninsula, I ate there 4 times over 3 days and was disappointed I wasn't able to eat every meal there.
Being vegetarian, it's difficult to find a restaurant that offers something different. This is the place.

Pros: Yummy food, good variety for vegetarians, good service

Sweetwater Cafe Reivew - Edit

Great place to eat..However does offer meat but if your a vegetarian you'll most definately find amazing food..Absolutely delicious! Great/Friendly Service!

Pros: Delicious food, great service, amazing selection

Cons: offers meat

Return to Marquette Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Sweet Water Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1589 times since Aug 2007.