Sweet Veggie

Contact 626-810-8062

2889 E Valley Blvd, West Covina, California, USA, 91792

Opened summer 2015 this is a Taiwanese style vegetarian eatery, opened by the owners of Sweet Veggie that was previously in City of Industry. The concept is different in that it features an all-you-can-eat lunch as well to-go bento box. Open Mon 11:00am-7:00pm, Tue 11:00am-3:00pm, Wed 11:00am-7:00pm, Thu 11:00am-3:00pm, Fri-Sat 11:00am-7:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Chinese, Buffet, Fast food, Take-out, Taiwanese

First Review by veggiecravings

Delicious food! - Edit

I'm thrilled they're back in business!!! I used to go to this restaurant in Rowland Heights since they first opened it and I was distraught when I heard they were closing down.
I was driving down Valley one day when I saw the sign and I quickly came home to confirm that indeed it was them at a new location. I went to eat there last week and they are as good as before and with new ideas! They have an all you can eat menu for lunch that I honestly don't know how they can afford it. The food is delicious as usual and now, you can eat all you want? amazing! The only draw back is that the buffet is limited to about five to six options and when one dish is gone, the chef doesn't make more. The other draw back is that the menu is shorter than their old menu. I'm missing mixed veggies and mapo tofu. They have some new stuff but a lot of it has dairy in it. So, Vegans, beware! However, the staff is super friendly and helpful and they can recommend you what is vegan and what is not. I'm a Vegan and I had no problem eating there.
The location is smaller but cozy. I will definitely be coming back again and again and hope that they expand the menu like before. I will highly recommend this restaurant to everyone. For meat eaters: My mother is an avid meat eater and she loves this restaurant. This restaurant has the best tasting vegan food from all of the veggie restaurants in this area.

Pros: Delicious, all you can eat buffet , friendly staff

Cons: small location, cash only

Good food and good value! - Edit

This little cafe serves traditional vegetarian Taiwanese food that is tasty, fulfilling, and flavorful. The space is small and can be very crowded during weekend lunches. The chef is always constantly cooking, non-stop, fresh new dishes for the all-you-can-eat buffet lunches because people just can't have enough. The food itself is as good as home cooking gets. For what they offer, it's inexpensive and a pretty good deal!

Pros: Food is tasty, Home cooking style, Inexpensive

Cons: Place is small and can be crowded, Food can be slow when too busy, Soup is a bit plain

Return to West Covina Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Sweet Veggie closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 712 times since Dec 2015.