Sweet to Lick

• Vegan
Contact 516-385-8833

78 Hillside Ave, Williston Park, New York, USA, 11596

Vegan bakery on Long Island also serving lunch food between 11am and 3pm, like sandwiches and gyros. Offers locally roasted coffee, plus organic teas, pastries, cookies, and cakes. At this location since summer 2013.

Category: Vegan, American, Take-out, Bakery

First Review by Brok O. Lee

VEGAN PASTRIES :) - Edit

Nice selection of cakes, cupcakes, cookies, pastries, croissants, teas, coffees, etc.

Tastes great.

Good variety of flavors like chocolate, straweberry, peanut butter, mocha, etc.

They have an excellent sour cherry chocolate croissant, a funny bone, and a pb chocolate mouse bomb. Those are my faves.
Updated from previous review on Monday March 10, 2014

Pros: vegan, tastes great, good selection

Cons: price

Nice place with friendly staff and delicious food! - Edit

I was visiting recently and get an opportunity to go here for lunch. I wasn't disappointed. The tacos were delicious. The counter staff were so very friendly. my only problem is the same problem lots of vegan bakeries suffer from: too much sugar in their concoctions. The cookies just seem way too sweet. And I like sweet. But they were just too sweet. a really nice variety of products and plenty of customers all indicate that this is a great place that will only get better. next time I'm in the area I'll definitely stop in!

Cons: just one: the baked goods were a little bit too sw

Best bakery around! - Edit

I have NEVER been disappointed by anything I have tried here. The owner is such a great guy and always available to talk and answer any questions or give great suggestions. I honestly love everything here. I am the only vegan in my family and order my engagement party cake from here. Nobody knew that the cake was vegan and I got SO MANY compliments on it and loved telling each person that it was actually a vegan cake :)

Nice to Find Near Home - Edit

Went there right after they opened and then again last week. The desserts are good, though not mindblowing. The owner is a nice guy who likes to talk and though he is not a vegan, he really understands veganism and was talking to a non-vegan customer about bone char, etc.
I had a crumb cake that was excellent, and a grilled cheese and cole slaw that was fine. Nothing special and nothing I could not make at home though. The sandwich was tiny like cut from a baguette so wrist diameter which was a problem. It was $5 but not a meal at all.
I then had a cherry pie thing to go. This was pretty good, but not great but was overpriced at $6.00
It is local to me and I will go back, and great to have a vegan bakery on LI and close to Queens.

Pros: Convienant, Nice Owner, Decent Selction

Cons: Portion Size, Price

All-Vegan Desserts - Edit

Lovely café with a good selection of all-vegan bakery items, mostly cookies and cupcakes. There are also entire cakes available. On Thursdays and and Fridays a vegan lunch is offered, such as pot pies. Call ahead on Fridays because sometimes the lunch runs out. Soy, almond, and coconut milk available for coffee. Free wifi.

Return to Williston Park Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Sweet to Lick closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1787 times since Aug 2013.