Sweet Theory Baking Co.

Contact 904-387-1001

1243 King St, Jacksonville, Florida, USA, 32204

Allergy friendly vegan bakery opened since Nov 2012; now also offering sandwiches. Treats are made without egg, dairy, soy, or peanuts. Uses organic cold-pressed coconut oil; organic agave nectar and whole cane sugar as sweetener. Also offers coffee drinks, vegan Brooklyn Egg cream soda, and Italian soda. Wed-Fri 8:30am-6:00pm, Sat-Sun 10:00am-5:00pm

Category: Vegan, American, Take-out, Bakery

First Review by JessinJax

This vegan bakery delivers on taste and quality - Edit

Sweet Theory Baking Co. is a small establishment on King St. that is serving up100% vegan doughnuts, cookies, cupcakes, ice cream and some savory options. I ordered the salted caramel cupcake to-go and although it got a little squashed in the box...it tasted fantastic. The cake was so rich and the icing was super sweet and drizzled with an awesome caramel sauce. I highly recommend this vegan bakery!

Pros: Excellent food, Vegan

best vegan bakery around - Edit

everything is delicious. from the savory 'sausage' biscuits to the delectable and indulgent desserts. you can never go wrong with the donuts..or anything made by them for that matter.

Pros: vegan, gluten free options

OMG - Edit

What a place! So let me start, I am not into bacon, but the Throwdown biscuit with bean patty, Daiya cheese, bacon and Siracha sauce is kick$&s! Add on top of that cupcakes and donuts, all vegan, just leaves me drooling and seven wanting more! Have yet to make it in after 11 (ok, so we are morning people), but sometime am going to have to see if the chickpea patty lives up to the rest of the delights here. Well done!!

Pros: Vegan, the whole darn thing! , Riverside, Huge selection of cupcakes and donuts

Cons: Small, not a lot of seating, Maybe could something like hash browns?, I live in Gainesville

Great - Edit

Food and donuts are both great and the people are tops. Very nice

Outstanding - Edit

The white bean sausage pepper biscuit with Daiya, coconut bacon, and Sriracha has actually brought tears to my eyes. Great coffee and pastries as well; I'd be hard pressed to pick a favorite but the salted caramel brownie bites is transcendental...

O.M.G. - Edit

Wow! Awesome sweets and VEGAN! Sweet Theory Baking Co. was recommended by a store clerk. I live in the JAX area (6 yrs.) and have never even heard of this place. I need to start using my Happy Cow app more often. it's a bit of a drive for me, but well worth it. It's my new place for the weekend! Finally, VEGAN DOUGHNUTS!!! Plus, they now serve biscuit sandwich's as well! Get there early, it can be a long wait.

Pros: amazing food, good value, nice vibe, awesome staff

Cons: limited parking/seating , small/tight location, long wait times

Makes vegan easy - Edit

With places like Sweet Theory it certainly makes being vegan easy...a full scale vegan bakery...everything they make is vegan...get there early...especially on weekends to really get them in their fresh baking mojo...the smell is fabulous...but not nearly as good as the eats...cupcakes galore...buns...donuts...cakes...brownies...cookies...this place is small...not a lot of seating...but a definite old world Florida allure that is what the locals love...they do fresh coffee and their vegan saussage and biscuits are what everyone talks about! LOVE LOVE LOVE this place...

The BOMB!! The Vegan BOMB! - Edit

This is absolutely the best place to go for breakfast or dessert! Vegan or not you WILL LOVE anything you order...and I know because my meat-eating hubby even loves going!! They come up with the most unique flavor combos that make your mouth explode with excitement. And don't forget their ice-"cream". For the longest time I didn't even realize they made ice "cream"...but they do and they rock it!I cannot say enough good about this place and the only negative is that it is too far from where I live. :) Oh and be careful if you are trying to grab something at the last minute after work...they are so good that some days they run out of yumminess and have to close early. My advice in this situation...CALL FIRST. Since I have to drive an hour to get there many times I will call in the morning to reserve what I'd like and let them know what time I will be there. This is a great service they offer!

Pros: super delicious, plant based - no animals harmed, amazing unique flavor combos

Cons: no delivery to Georgia :)

Best Vegan Biscuits and Gravy - Edit

Sweet Theory is a vegan and allergy free bakery in the Riverside area of Jacksonville. They have a great selection of donuts and sweets.

On Saturday and Sunday they offer the best biscuits and gravy. Love this place. They also do cakes and sweets for special occassions. If you are vegan and from out of town definitely stop by and enjoy.

Pros: Great Menu, Nice Staff, Biscuits and Gravy

Cons: Hours

Best. Treats. Ever. - Edit

I travel quite a bit and have tried vegan bakeries in several large cities. This is the best one I've been to so far and I don't expect them to be topped. I got a white bean sausage biscuit which smelled delicious and was just....transcendent. The biscuit had just the right amount of fluffiness and the sausage was so savory. I tried a cinnamon bun and a couple doughnuts and they were all amazing as well. I can't wait to come back to Jacksonville so I can enjoy theirs treats again!

Pros: Amazing, delicious food., Helpful staff and great environment., Reasonably priced and free parking.

Cons: Not one in every city!

the best deserts ever!!! - Edit

When I was still living in California last year planning my big move to Jax I searched happy cow to see what was offered vegan wise in jax. And I found sweet theory... So I followed them on Facebook, their donuts and other deserts were the most impressive looking delicious looking things I've ever seen. I was more excited then ever to move to Jax. Now that I'm here I frequent this place almost weekly! They make fresh donuts daily and almost never run out despite their popularity. We can show up anytime of day and there will be almost warm donuts. And the creative toppings and flavors will blow ur mind! Vanilla latte donut, ninja turtles donut, brownie crumble toppings and so much more. I follow their Instagram so I can't stay on top of what's coming out next! They are so creative and the people who work there are so friendly it makes me feel at home very time!!

Thank you for existing! - Edit

My 2.5 year old son is allergic to dairy and it is so hard for him to go to birthday parties and not be able to have cake. I bought a few cupcakes for him the other day when I found you and he said the Banana Banana was "delicious" and "Yummy in his Tummy." Every kid should be able to have a cupcake!

Heaven! - Edit

Our family LOVES Sweet Theory. We've been many times since they opened, so we've tried a variety of items. The donuts are delicious, especially the Stretch Pants (it has cookie crumbs on top!). The biscuits with white bean sausage and coconut bacon are a great savory breakfast or lunch, and the gluten-free cinnamon rolls are so good. Sweet Theory recently baked my son's birthday cake for his family party, and they topped it and his cupcakes for school with candy that I brought in specifically for our order. The cake and cupcakes were a hit, as I knew they would be!

Pros: creative menu items, friendly staff

Cons: small seating area

Vegan Heaven! - Edit

Finally, the first 100% vegan establishement in Jacksonville!!! The rootbeer doughnut and lemon poppyseed doughnut were AMAZING! Also tried the chocolate whoopie pie with a strawberry middle and the chocolate chip blondie bites. All were so moist and amazing, you could NEVER tell they were vegan.

Pros: free parking, friendly staff, cute decor

Return to Jacksonville Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Sweet Theory Baking Co. closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 6212 times since Nov 2012.