CLOSED: Sweet Pea Garden Pantry

• Vegetarian

Contact 423-784-9484

1244 5th St, Jellico, Tennessee, USA, 37762

A small cafe offering vegetarian and vegan food, since 2012. The owner is also the cook. Variety of sandwiches, vegan chicken salad, falafel, vegan cole slaw, potato salad, smoothies and desserts. APR 2016 SHUT PER OWNER, MOVING - LET HAPPYCOW KNOW WHEN IT RE-OPENS! Closes Thanksgiving days.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, American, Take-out

First Review by BeanCounter

Wonderful surprise! - Edit

What a great find! The restaurant is close to the highway and very homey. Be patient if you go here, this restaurant is run by the owner, and she is usually on her own. The food is, obviously, homemade and delicious. I was with my husband and young son. All three of us had a half cup of vegetable soup, which was wonderful. The owner made an open faced vegan cheeze sandwich for my son, I had the tofu "chicken" sandwich and my husband had the veggie burger. We also tried two pieces of falafel and two chocolate, banana and date bars for the road. We were stuffed and very happy when we left.

Pros: Delicious food, great location, owner is very nice

Cons: none

unexpected! - Edit

Wow. Would never have imagined that we could find such fresh and delicious food in the middle of no where. We were driving to Gatllinburg when we saw a sign on the road for a vegetarian place.
I had the ciabatta burger which was incredible. Do try!

Pros: vegan friendly, fresh, friendly staff

Cons: slow service but still nice

Great place for healthy, taste food - Edit

Owner/cook Joanne is making almost everything from scratch and it shows. Food is delicious and healthy too. Lots of fresh salads (she made me a custom salad that was wonderful) and lots of innovative other healthy fare including smoothies. So rare to find this much love in the food and preparation.

Pros: Healthy Food, Friendly staff, Nice atmosphere

Cons: limited hours

Nice Place - Edit

We happened to see this place listed on the food options for a particular exit as we were traveling through. We had just eaten but were curious. Since we were quite full we ordered just the vegan cole slaw and vegan potato salad to go. Owner was quite friendly and both salads were delicious! There were also vegan sandwiches and desserts available.
Updated from previous review on Monday July 07, 2014

Pros: Vegan friendly, Friendly owner

WONDERFUL - Edit

I dreaded moving back to Kentucky after spending a year and a half in New York City with vegan food readily available at all hours. Today, I accidentally opened my Happy Cow App and for the first time ever, a vegetarian restaurant popped up. It said Sweet Pea Garden Pantry was 25 miles away. I decided to try it today for lunch. Arriving at Sweet Pea, I was nervous as to what kind of vegan place would be in the middle of no where Tennessee, but was pleasantly surprised. The owner/chef was extremely welcoming. She put time and effort into our food. It was DELICIOUS. I cannot wait to go back again. I think once business picks up for her, she will need some help in the kitchen, but everything was great today.

You must try it! - Edit

This is a great little place to eat. The food was fresh and tasted great. It has been nicely decorated, and the owner/cook is really nice. It is definitely worth a try!

Pros: taste great, fresh ingredients, pleasant environment

Cons: limited menu

Return to Jellico Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Sweet Pea Garden Pantry closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1230 times since Nov 2012.