Sweet Moses Soda Fountain and Treat Shop

• Other Other
216-651-2202

6800 Detroit Ave, Cleveland, Ohio, USA, 44102

Old fashioned soda and ice cream shop with made-in-house ice cream, including vegan chocolate and vanilla flavors. Has a vegan menu listing toppings. Open Mon-Thu 12:00pm-11:00pm, Fri-Sat 12:00pm-12:00am, Sun 12:00pm-11:00pm.

First Review by VeganNessa

Super Cute! - Edit

On my most recent trip to Cleveland, I was finally able to visit Sweet Moses!

This super cute 50s style soda shop, has a vegan menu that you can choose treats from. I was so excited to be here, I decided to go all out. I ordered the vegan banana split (with pineapple!) with vanilla and chocolate ice cream and my husband got the vegan tin roof which was basically a sundae topped with Spanish nuts. So delicious!

Cleveland is lucky to have such a cute dessert place that has a vegan menu. I can't wait to go back though it would be great if they added a few more vegan flavors.

Full review at theveganadventure.com

Pros: Seperate vegan menu, Cute atmosphere

Cons: Only to vegan ice cream flavors, Serves dairy

Ask for the vegan menu! - Edit

Charming ice cream parlor with plenty of seating and an entire separate vegan menu. There are plenty of vegan options including sundaes, floats, ice cream sodas, and banana splits. Highly recommend the sundaes. The ice cream sodas can be hit or miss dependent on how big of a fan you are.

Pros: Whole separate vegan menu

Cons: Only chocolate or vanilla ice cream for bases

Wonderful! - Edit

Cute soda fountain. Ask at the counter and they'll give you a whole vegan menu. The staff was SO nice. While we were waiting for our order a girl came around with a tray of samples. None of them were vegan so we said no thanks. A few minutes later she came back with three different vegan samples for us! I loved it. My husband got the banana split and it was awesome! I got a sundae with chocolate ice cream and two toppings, it was delicious. Highly recommend!

Pros: vegan menu, delicous ice cream, great service

Best non-dairy ice cream I've ever tasted! - Edit

I've only been vegan for about 9 months, and until today, had yet to find a nondairy ice cream that tasted like the ice cream I grew up on. In my pregan days I loved Sweet Moses. They were not listed on HappyCow yet, so I thought I would google to find out if they had vegan ice cream. I'm so glad I did! They have both Chocolate, Vanilla, and sorbet flavors. Ask for the vegan menu which lists all the toppings that are vegan. I really enjoyed both flavors of ice cream. The vanilla is the only non-dairy vanilla I've tried and actually enjoyed, but I could tell that it wasn't genuine dairy ice cream. The chocolate on the other hand tasted exactly like dairy ice cream. I went back to the counter to double check that they gave me what I ordered. Definitely stop in if you're craving ice cream, you will not be disappointed!

Pros: Excellent vegan ice cream and toppings, Late hours, Big portions, good price

Cons: Also serves dairy, No vegan brownie!

Loretta 06 Oct 2014 - Thank you VeganNessa, I didn't know that about Sweet Moses!

We leave near Honey Hut. Certainly not a vegan place, but I recently learned that the smoothies are vegan if I ask them to skip the whipped cream.

Return to Cleveland Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Sweet Moses Soda Fountain and Treat Shop closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.