Sweet Melissa Cafe

• ( 47 reviews )

213 S 1st St (at Ivinson and Grand Ave), Laramie, Wyoming, USA, 82070

Offers meatless eats such as hummus sandwiches & other casual fare. Organic beers. Chill room. Open Mon-Thu 11:00am-9:00pm, Fri-Sat 11:00am-10:00pm. Closed Sun-Mon.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Fast food, Beer/Wine, Take-out

First Review by road2cairo

True North

Points +575

16 Aug 2021

One of The Best Veg Restaurants in US

Could not believe how good this place was! The food, the drinks, the ambiance!!! Perfect. I read reviews and ordered accordingly. Definitely don't skip their "wings" and if you can't decide between the 2 sauces, just get half and half. My partner liked the bbq sauce best and my vote was the more spicy buffalo, plus the vegan ranch, of course. Also splurged with a Moscow Mule, that was quite a splash of fun and matched the vibe of the place. I was saving room for dessert, so went for the Ukrainian Beet salad, which was really wonderful, while my partner had the Veggie Stir Fry with Thai Peanut sauce and yummy coconut rice. He was quite pleased. Had an apple crisp with vegan vanilla bean ice cream to finish. There were so many great things on the menu, and we saw many of them go by. I doubt you could go wrong here. Would imagine there might be a wait to get a table during popular times, but we were lucky enough to walk in and get a table quickly. Service was exceptional, efficient and friendly.

Updated from previous review on 2021-08-15

Updated from previous review on 2021-08-15

Pros: Incredible Food, Wings (my vote for best anywhere), Great fun vibe

AllieGhaman

Points +22

22 Jul 2021

Delicious and so many choices!

The most vegan options I’ve seen in Wyoming! We had the vegan chick’n Caesar salad and the veggie stir fry. The chick’n had an amazing texture. The tofu on the stir fry was perfectly cooked and really well-marinated. Was glad our dog was permitted on the small patio. Will definitely be coming here anytime we are in the area!

Pros: Lots of vegan options, Cool interior bar area, Dogs permitted on patio

LarryLibbee

Points +30

18 Jul 2021

Get the cauliflower wing

The wings are amazing the breading is perfect and sticks to the cauliflower. We also had the Cuban bowl and a burger which were awesome but the star was the wings

spazzers

Points +23

11 Jul 2021

Great quality, lots of options!!

Delicious food and incredibly friendly staff!! I had the 3-bean chili with jalapeño cornbread and a variable side salad with blueberry vinaigrette the waiter recommended. Got a cinnamon bun to go too! All vegan of course 😊

Pros: Lots of vegan options, Great quality , Friendly staff

laurenlaurenlauren

Points +45

02 Jul 2021

Vegan Heaven in a Small Town

Absolutely loved this little (very vegan-friendly) vegetarian spot. Tons of clearly marked vegan options, super friendly service, & my meal was delicious. I ordered the Bahn Mi with fried garlic potatoes as the side, with some vegan ranch for dippin’ those taters, of course 🙃 There was an option for seitan or portabello on the sandwich, I went with the seitan, per my servers rec, & it was delicious - a total dupe for gyro meat. They have a gyro on the menu; I’ll probably try that whenever I stop through again. I was too full for dessert, but they had over 5 vegan dessert options 🤤.... can you tell I liked this place..!?

Updated from previous review on 2021-07-02

Pros: Wide range of vegan options, Fair prices, Sweet & friendly service

Cons: Not completely vegan 🥸

talakoala

Points +295

11 Jun 2021

So good.

A few people recommended this place and I was not disappointed. Great food and everyone was very friendly!

AlexandriaChapin

Points +581

22 Dec 2020

Wow, Vegan Food in Wyoming?!

Super yummy food and the inside of the restaurant is so cute!

KatherineLutfey

Points +38

17 Oct 2020

Made the whole family happy

Great little place. Had a variety of things to chose from, many vegan.
We started with Cashew queso, yum. They had something to please everyone on the family, even the kids

Pros: Everything is vegan or vegetarian, Everything clearly identified on the menu, Kids menu

gwennam

Points +401

28 Sep 2020

Yes. You must eat here.

Such a gem tucked away in the middle of the prairie.
The menu has such diverse options (vegan tikka masala? vegan enchiladas? Wow!) and is very clear - they even have a GF menu. The staff are so kind and helpful, the place has chill ambiance and even some outdoor seating.
I had the crab cake po boy and WOW! Artichoke sauce on a hamburger? Brilliant! Plus the vegan chocolate cake with a scoop of vanilla ice cream? 🤤

Pros: Tons of options, Friendly and helpful staff, Gluten Free menu!

jwalk99

Points +108

20 Aug 2020

Yum!

Enjoyed a fabulous lunch on our way through town - including apps and dessert! Even my hubby loved it. Cool atmosphere, friendly staff, lots of yummy vegan options. Total comfort food! Chocolate cake is to die for- and don’t skip the raspberry sauce! Highly recommend.

Pros: Lots of vegan options, Fun location, Full on comfort food

SophieBarrowman

Points +38

15 Aug 2020

delicious!

tried the bbq cauliflower wings app and the mandarin orange cauliflower bites with cashews and coconut rice and service was very friendly

madwest

19 Jul 2020

Love it!

Staff was very friendly and attentive. Vegan items were clearly marked as well as items that could be made vegan. Prices were very reasonable too!

JohnButler

18 May 2020

My GoTo in Laramie

Been at least 3 times for the sweet potato burrito. And it don't like sweet potatoes.

AutumnTierra

Points +1380

21 Apr 2020

Love, love, love

I tried this place when visiting Laramie several years ago and have been raving about it since! Love it. They have many vegan options and I’ve never had anything I didn’t like. Highly recommend! They also have reasonable prices.

Pros: All vegetarian , Many vegan choices, Always delicious

ChrisStyskal

Points +23

10 Mar 2020

Big city talent

Packed house at 6pm on a Monday. No worries, you can eat the food at the bar next door. This place is insanely good with rotating lasagna, daily soups, and staples like jerk ravioli. Traveling i80? You're at least 400 miles from comprable alternatives.

megan_333

31 Oct 2019

Loved it!

The food is very very good! I’ve never had a bad experience!

xquitx

Points +44

03 Aug 2019

Absolutely favorite place in Laramie

We come here almost once a week for almost 6 years, the experience is fantastic every single time!

DVorahRN

Points +59

23 Apr 2019

Love this place!

This converted old store serves a grand variety of vegetarian and vegan dishes. This is my third time here in 3 years (I always stop on my way back to Idaho from Colorado on my annual spring trip). The service is friendly, prompt and knowledgeable and the food is absolutely fantastic and delicious! I am impressed by their sustainability-- using paper straws and bamboo garnish skewers, for example. They have a wonderful selection of beverages, both soft and adult. And don't even get me started on dessert. Absolutely worth your time in Laramie.

Pros: All vegetarian with clear vegan choices, Fantastic flavor , Accommodating of dietary restrictions

Cons: Parking can be challenging duration busy periods

thespicychickpea

Points +93

22 Jan 2019

INCREDIBLE

Plant-based comfort food in a comfy, classic space.

My favorite hobby is trying new food in big cities and this beat out some of my favorite restaurants in vegan mecca cities. Everything from appetizer to dessert was SO good and really affordable for how much food you get.

The enchilada and chicken fried seitan are must-haves!

Pros: Huge selection, Fair price, Big portions

DevinDuran

24 Oct 2018

Family Drama

We literally got stranded in Laramie over wanting to come here with out anti-vegetarian(vegan) father in law... Like literally he left us in the parking lot because he wanted to go to Chili's... You know the restaurant that you end up in at the airport because everything else is closed for the third time in three days.

The cauliflower wings were amazing, Buffalo over BBQ.

Impossible burger was perfect, I'd skip the cashew cheese on the Burger, but chips and dip wise the cheese was great.

Burrito entree was on point.

HeidiOToole

Points +21

Mostly Veg
25 Aug 2018

oh yah!

Great place if you are looking for veggie or vegan options. We had the cashew cheese queso. Super yummy. Most of the menu, if it isn't vegan, can be made vegan. How great is that? Also great service.

charloleger

Points +156

22 Aug 2018

Good adress in Laramie!

Very good food, all vegetarian with lots of vegan options. Had the seitan gyro without the feta cheese and they added cashew cheese instead: delicious. Must try while in town!

JeweliettePearson

Points +123

28 May 2018

Vegan satisfied

Has delicious vegan options! And so many to choose from. Awesome service. I asked the waiter what the most popular dish is and he said the sweet potato burrito. But I decided to get the sandwich with the fried cauliflower and it was delectable. (:

Pros: Delicious vegan options , Friendly service , Cozy atmosphere

wyomingvegan

18 Jan 2018

amazing!

For such a small town I didn’t think this place would have such amazing food! I have had everything vegan on the menu and I love everything!

Pros: affordable, delicious

FightingWindmills

12 Jan 2018

My favorite

One of my favorite vegetarian restaurants. Delicious food and great service and a neat building. Don't miss Sweet Melissas

MandyBroyden

Points +15

09 Sep 2017

Amazing

I was tempted by everything on the menu, and the dessert menu as well. Most options can be made vegan. They make the seitan on site and it was flavored perfectly in my gyro, as well as my companion's fajita.

Pros: Great menu, Diverse options, Friendly and helpful staff

Cons: Slightly dim

purplesnowcone

Points +290

24 Aug 2017

Put to the test!

Sweet Melissa's is really an amazing place. We ate there on 8.21.2017 - -- a night when restaurants were jam-packed with weary eclipse travelers flooding into Wyoming in epic, locust like swarms. Still, we really wanted to eat here because there just aren't very many veg friendly places in Laramie.

We almost didn't get a seat and the diners who were there waited hours to get their food... but let me tell you, if a restaurant can survive or shine on a night like this, that says something.

The service AND the food here is excellent and even though the night was busy, the staff was super nice and attentive (even offering a free small appetizer to make up for the long wait) and the food was amazing. We had enchilada platter and others in the party got sandwiches (the Reubens were amazing and didn't even need the dressing that came with them).

My enchilada plate was a great example of a really simple dish with outstandingly good seasoning and preparation. The dish can be made vegan with cashew cheese and with avocado instead of sour cream. The cheese was creamy but didn't overwhelm the other ingredients. Olives, tomatoes, lettuce and sliced jalapenos were a nice touch.

Even after an exhausting night, the servers were all still bringing their A-game and smiling. Amazing.

Pros: big menu, lots of vegan options

Cons: none!

Return to Laramie Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Sweet Melissa Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.