First Review by Vegannichols

Not great but worth it. - Edit

I appreciate their effort as I appreciate anyone going vegan. The cinnamon rolls were very good but not great. There are better ones elsewhere in London. The Chai cookie is a great idea with excellent taste. The lemon cupcake, however, is another story. It is to die for.

Tasty treats and delicious lunch items - Edit

Sweet Lemon "graduated" from the Western Fair Farmer's Market (I had never visited them there) and opened their own retail location on York St. in July 2012. The first thing I had was a cupcake, on my birthday no less! Now I visit Sweet Lemon several times a week. It's great to have vegan lunch options in the core.

Everything is vegan and gluten free, and the staff are very friendly.

Their cinnamon buns are *amazing*, their chili is awesome, and their pizza is the best vegan pizza I've ever had. They also bake their own bread which I enjoy. Be sure to check them out!

Monday in London can be hard on vegans, since both Sweet Lemon and Veg Out are closed. But everyone needs a weekend, right?

Pros: all vegan and gluten free, great location, tasty food

Cons: closed mondays

A Great Addition to London! - Edit

Found out about Sweet Lemon Bakery via Happy Cow and later through their website. Went to visit a few weeks ago at the London Farmer's Market. Tried the cookie bars, scones, carrot cake, and various other squares that were available that day. Unfortunately, none of these items survived the car ride home (eaten during the drive!!) and I was left wanting more. Pre-ordered a dozen cookie bars and a dozen nanaimo bars for pick up the next week. Of course when I went to pick these up at the market the following Saturday, a number of other items were also available so of course, these were also taste tested on the drive home! There are very few bakers that can pull off great tasting vegan and gluten free, Sweet Lemon Bakery can. I hope Sweet Lemon Bakery moves to London full time, rather than just Saturdays! As for comments about cinnamon buns, all gluten free cinnamon buns I have tasted (organic works included), are less moist than their wheat counterparts, it is the nature of the beast. I'm happy these tasty, gluten free, vegan cinnamon buns are available. A few seconds in the microwave and they are perfect! Sweet Lemon Bakery provides great food, and friendly service. A great bakery to support and welcome into London!

Pros: Great Food, Friendly Service

Cons: Only available on Saturdays

Delicious Desserts! - Edit

I do love this bakery. The only unfortunate thing is that they are only open on Saturdays!
I would like to comment on the other review which stated that they didn't like the cinnamon bun ( and then proceeded to write about other businesses!) First off all, Sweet Lemon is the only 100% VEGAN & GLUTEN-FREE bakery in London...of course items are not going to have the same consistency as they do with white flour... silly to even compare.

I have tried the cinnamon bun and many other items...all were great...no, I can't say that they are completely the same as other vegan desserts that I have had but they are delicious all the same!

Organic works doesn't compare...and they seem confused as to what items are vegan...with Sweet Lemon I have no fear that I am getting fully vegan & gluten-free items!
Love it!

Pros: 100% Vegan & Gluten-free, Great staff, Excellent desserts

Cons: only open on Saturdays, Do not have bread yet!

Solid bakery - Edit

The info section for this bakery is somewhat misleading. Sweet Lemon does have a "storefront", but only on Saturday mornings at the Western Fair market. They'll have 10 or so different items on display there every week. Very pleased to have another vegan baker in London. Still trying their offerings. Really loved their mocha cookie, which seems to be a staple. Was less thrilled with the cinnamon bun that was too hard (overbaked?) and lacked the right consistency. Organics Works is better.... Happy to have them here, though!

2 Responses

Return to London Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Sweet Lemon Bakery closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1971 times since Oct 2011.