Sweet Green

Contact 610-642-9400

68 Coulter Ave, Ardmore, Pennsylvania, USA, 19003

Serves meat, vegan options available. A restaurant that serves generous portions of salads, wraps, and frozen yogurt. There are usually soup specials, one vegan, one not. There are two specifically vegan options - sabzi and chick-p salad. All ingredients are organic and locally sourced. There is a strong focus on reducing carbon footprint. Open Mon-Sun 11:00am-10:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Salad bar, Non-veg

First Review by conniex721

really tasty salad! - Edit

I love these kinds of make-your-own-salad types of restaurants and Sweet Green gets bonus points for organic and local ingredients. They even have a list of where each item is sourced from! Many of the menu item salads sounded delish and veganizable, but I decided to go with mesclun greens, caramelized onions, spicy sunflower seeds, beets, avocado and tofu. The last 2 cost extra, but they are what made the salad work. Went with the pesto vinaigrette, one of several vegan dressings - all are clearly labeled. The beets could have been more tender and juicy, but the salad was really excellent. My only complaint was that my husband ordered the Earth bowl with tofu instead of chicken and it came with chicken, so they made him a new one. Also, I ordered froyo for my son in a cone and they gave it to me in a cup. When I reiterated that I wanted a cone the guy just tossed the first one, which seemed pretty wasteful, but I don't know what else he could have done. Regardless, it's a really good lunch spot on the Main Line!

Pros: mmmm avocado, good dressings, organic

Cons: some mistakes with the order

Excellent place to get delicious veg salads - Edit

Restaurants has two veg salads clearly marked on menu: chick-p and spicy sabsi (there may be another I am unsure). Both salads are excellent. They also use lots of local and fresh ingredients when possible. The drawback are that many staff aren't knowledgeable in what veg is (ex: a salesperson went to manager and asked if the bread was vegan, came back and said bread was not veg b/c it contains gluten). If you are concerned about having a veg meal, I would suggest sticking to the veg salads on menu and not make your own. I would not trust the salespeople in knowing what is veg and what is not. If you are a salad person, you will probably love their salads. I am not a salad person, but really like the salads that are veg.

Pros: Fresh/local food, Two marked veg options, Fast food like Saladworks

Cons: Staff not knowledgeable about veg option

Healthy and Tasty - Edit

I really like this restaurant. Prices are a bit steep, but I'm willing to pay for the local and organic produce. I've gotten the sabzi salad as well as a daily special. Both were delicious. I also appreciate that the dressing amount is customizable (as are all aspects of the salad!). I just wish there was a vegan dessert option.

Also, the kale chips are amazing.

Pros: Local, Sustainable, Customizable, Delicious

Cons: No Vegan Dessert

Return to Ardmore Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Sweet Green closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1759 times since Apr 2011.