First Review by lowrylolli

Love their cupcakes, juices not sold on - Edit

I love this location of Sweet Freedom. I use to go to it often. I love their baked goods but I do think it is obvious that they aren't your normal baked goods. I think mainly it obvious with some of the frostings. But I kind-of enjoy it, in it's own way. The baked goods are never too sweet, almost always spot on with flavor. I think there were only two things I didn't like- experimental irish potatoes and some cupcake with a basil flavored frosting. If you go I recommend getting the ice cream cookie sandwich or the normal cookie sandwich.

I've also gotten the juices and smoothies and they are usually hit or miss. The flavors are pretty solid, but the staff makes them all a little differently. Some will blend enough, others don't. So I have gotten some chunks in my juice, or the dates are blended all the way in my shake. So I stopped getting those things from their menu.

Pros: Ice Cream bars and sandwiches, Cookie Sandwiches, Awesome staff

Cons: Juices and Smoothies aren't so hot

A.MA.ZING! - Edit

I just had the Maple Fakin' cupcake at Sweet Freedom Bakery and I can't believe I only had 1! It was a french toast cupcake with maple icing and topped with smoked coconut that tastes like BACON! No kidding, and don't get me wrong, I am vegan and don't miss bacon one bit, but this cupcake sure made me smile.

The bakery is new to Collingswood, and I hear they have another location in Philadelphia, but I haven't been to it, YET! All the items are creative and pretty and tasty. I had a thumbprint cookie, the maple fakin' cupcake and a great espresso. I'm so excited to have this jewel in my neighborhood.

Pros: Cute atmosphere, Friendly staff

Return to Collingswood Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Sweet Freedom Bakery closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 796 times since Jan 2014.