First Review by alyssa

Amazing Cupcakes at a Great Price - Edit

My husband and I needed some cupcakes for a three-person birthday celebration in Mariposa over the weekend. I spent a couple of days calling around trying to find a bakery nearby, but came up short (Mariposa is a small, gold rush town, so vegan food, in general, is hard to find). In desperation, I started looking for places along the 99 Highway. I figured if we had to we could pull off the highway, pick up some cupcakes and just put them in a cooler for the remainder of our trip. That's when I can across Sweet Elites. All-vegan cupcakes in the middle of cow country? I was overjoyed, to say the least.

I emailed Valerie and hoped she was the type who checked her email frequently because there's was no phone number listed on her site. Fortunately, she called me right back and helped me figure out which cupcakes would travel well and still be fresh tasting when they were served the following day. I knew I had to get Chocolate with Vanilla frosting for my birthday hubby. Then I ordered a dozen Vanilla with Chocolate frosting and a dozen Peanut Butter Chocolate. She even make some super cute paper toppers for the birthday cupcakes.

We kept them cool until my whole family came together the following evening. My hubby and I were the only vegans amongst 15 people, so our reputations and that of all vegan desserts were on the line!

Let me tell you that those adorable cupcakes did not disappoint! Everyone raved and seconds were devoured. What I really liked about them was that there was a perfect ratio of cupcake to frosting and they weren't too sweet. The cakes were moist and fluffy and the frosting was whipped smooth and very flavorful. And she even decorated them with some decadent chocolate pieces. The Chocolate Peanut Butter was a crowd favorite. It featured a chocolate cake covered in dark chocolate ganache, topped with a creamy peanut butter frosting. Seriously, the flavors could not have been better. We were so happy. And each dozen was only $25! Yay!

Updated from previous review on Tuesday August 12, 2014

Pros: delicious cupcakes, beautiful decorations, really sweet owner

Cons: not in my neighborhood

Return to Fresno Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Sweet Elites Vegan Cupcakes closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 964 times since May 2014.