Sweet Cane Cafe

Contact 808-934-0002

48 Kamana St (at Big Island), Hilo, Hawaii, USA, 96720

Relocated from 1472 Kilauea Ave. Offers organic sugarcane juice plus smoothies, sandwiches, wraps, acai bowls. Also sells pre-made items like cookies, kale chips, fruit leather, dried banana. Has a small produce stand and a fridge stocked with products like coconut cane pudding, coconut yogurt, probiotic sauerkraut, and juices.

Category: Vegan-friendly, American, Organic, Juice bar, Take-out, Hawaiian

First Review by twovegans

Awesome raw vegan cafe - Edit

Our family seeks out great raw vegan restaurants. This place is one of the best. Great selections, awesome ingredients, and perfect presentation. Too bad we live 5000 miles away! But we made sure to come here several times during our stay on the island, even with the 2 hour plus drive from Kona.

Love their ulu burger. Great selection of smoothies.

Pros: Great selections, Good price, Excellent presentation

Cons: In Hilo Hawaii. Far far away, Did I mention it is out of the way?

Terrific food. - Edit

The location is small, but good use is made of the space. The cafe was busy with locals and tourists-- all appeared satisfied with their selections. I found the staff helpful and friendly, and my food was delicious. I have already been back once and will definitely return again.

Refreshing acai and more... - Edit

I love this place and eat here at least once a week! The acai bowls are heavenly and refreshing; the variety of veg sandwiches they offer are truly yummy. I love how all of their food is mindfully prepared and served. I recommend this place to everyone!

Best Smoothie in Hilo...But don't come too hungry - Edit

I really love Sweet Cane and I believe that they have the best Smoothies in Hilo. Smoothies are refreshing and they have some unique combinations. Their sandwiches are also really good. It's not that their prices are expensive, but I think it is kind of pricey (even by Hilo standards) FOR WHAT YOU GET. The sandwiches are small/average size, but do not come with any sides.

I eat there often and really enjoy their food. It's worth a visit, but I wouldn't come here if I was really really hungry. Everything is fresh and yummy. Perfect place for a light lunch or maybe to grab a snack to take to the beach.

There is limited indoor and outdoor seating and staff is friendly.

Pros: SMOOTHIES, TARO BURGER, AVO SANDWICH

Cons: PORTION SIZE vs. PRICE

Really Nice and Quaint Place - Edit

Very Small but very Comfortable little spot specializing in juices and smoothies all made with ingredients from there organic farm. Staff was really fun to talk to and interested in what they did. Some of em also work at the farm. Had a "Big" vegan sandwich with a lot of avocado and sprouts (YUMMY) and Taro Chips on the side. Washed it all down with a deelish Banana Cane Smoothie. Rarely does a sandwich and chips fill me up - but this was that good! I recommend this little gem and will go back whenever I am in Hilo. Kick back, relax brah, fill your belly - Enjoy
- They also sell there farm fruits and juices at all of the local "health food" stores - so support em there also!

Pros: Delicious and Filling, great vibe and staff, unique and fresh

Cons: What's Not To Like?

An interesting diversion - Edit

We stopped here for an early lunch on our way through town. The menu is basically just smoothies and sandwiches, but there’s enough variety to satisfy any vegan or vegetarian. The café uses organic ingredients that they grow locally. We enjoyed tasty smoothies and sandwiches. While waiting for our food, we enjoyed reading the posters and announcements about local produce and events. Organic sugarcane juice and other refrigerated to-go products are also available. The café is small with about only three tables. But, there was sufficient space for the guests when we were there.

Pros: Organic, Fresh

Cons: Small location; limited seating, Limited menu

Return to Hilo Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Sweet Cane Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2889 times since Feb 2013.