Sweet Aha!

• Bakery Bakery
  • Vegan
Contact 415-839-2138

1320 9th Ave, San Francisco, California, USA, 94122

No storefront. Vegan bakery vendor making cookies, cupcakes, and muffins. Operates a booth at the Inner Sunset Farmers' Market, parking lot @ 8th & 9th Ave. Also at College of San Mateo Farmers' Market Saturday 9am-1pm at 1700 W Hillsdale Blvd, San Mateo. Check its website for latest updates. Open Sun 9:00am-1:00pm.

First Review by kristinasimons

The Best Cupcakes & Wonderful Customer Service - Edit

The BEST! You haven't had cupcakes this good! I live in Atlanta, but just came back from my wedding trip to SF. How lucky I am to have found Sweet Aha! Not just vegan, but also mostly organic, non-GMO and/or minimally processed & they only use natural ingredients - no artificial flavors, colors, or preservatives.

I decided that cupcakes would work best for our outdoor wedding (it was just the two of us, but we still wanted to have the cake experience). I called the bakery (which makes other sweets, as well) from Atlanta & Pei Ru spent a lot of time with me & was so caring & helpful putting the order together. The customer service was exceptional throughout, from ordering to delivery & Pei Ru even called a few days after the wedding to congratulate us & follow up.

Having recently transitioned from a vegetarian to a vegan diet, I had never had a vegan cupcake, so when we found ourselves at a restaurant in SF that served vegan cupcakes a day before the wedding, we decided to try one so that we would have something to compare the Sweet Aha! cupcakes to. It was just okay. The next day at our wedding, we were shocked & amazed at how good the Sweet Aha! cupcakes were - actually, the best cupcakes I have ever had. The cupcakes are light, fluffy & moist. They are also decadent, beautiful & perfect for a special occasion. I really dislike the artificial and way too sweet taste of the frosting of most cupcakes. These cupcakes were perfectly sweet, and the natural & organic ingredients they use produce a noticeably superior flavor. All of the non-vegans who tried them, loved them. And BTW, the cupcakes stayed fresh for days in the original box they were delivered in (which I kept in the microwave).

My husband, who is not vegan, loved these cupcakes so much that he suggested that we order them for our 1-yr anniversary. I told him that I didn't think they could be shipped, but I contacted Pei Ru, and I was wrong - yeah! Hopefully, we will be in SF for our anniversary & can stop by the market, but, if not, we are definitely going to order them.

I really can't say enough about Sweet Aha! Their cupcakes played an essential role in making our entire wedding experience as special as it was.

Pros: Outstanding quality & taste, Exceptional customer service, They deliver & ship

Cons: None whatsoever

Sweet Aha is sweet - Edit

This bakery is fantastic! The muffins and cupcakes are soooo good. They have a variety of flavors and everything is vegan. Sweet Aha uses all natural ingredients and the bake goods are perfection. I brought a box of cupcakes to work and non-vegans did not know the difference and thought they were great. I highly recommend this locally owned and run operation.

Sweet Aha Vegan Cupcakes Rock! - Edit

I love their mint vegan cupcake and can't wait to try all of their flavors. The mint cupcake is so creamy and refreshing! I could eat 5 in one sitting! The lady at the Sweet Aha stand at the College of San Mateo Farmer's Market (on Saturday mornings) is sooooo sweet and caring...you can tell they really care about their food....highly recommended!

Pros: Friendly, Refreshing, Light

Good vegan muffin - Edit

I had read about this place on happycow and was delighted to find their booth at the San Francisco World Veg Festival in October 2012. Here's my Sweet Aha! Bake Shop review.

The day's offering includes a few different flavors of vegan cupcakes plus 2 vegan muffins. I got their lemon poppy muffin. It cost $2.75, which I thought was pricey for the small size. It was tasty and not too sweet.

Sweet Aha! Cupcakes - Edit

At the Veg Festival in SF, I tried a fluffy vanilla cupcake with a generous amount of rich coconut frosting. I've had no better cupcake!!! Pei Ru, the owner, even let me choose my specific cupcake. I'll be back for more at the Inner Sunset Farmer's Market on Sunday mornings, where Sweet Aha! sells cupcakes regularly.

Pros: Lots of coconut frosting, Decent size for the price, Sweetest owner, Pei Ru

Cons: I couldn't eat 10!, Have to wait until Sundays for more, Would prefer gluten-free, sugar-free

Sweet Aha! - Edit

Sweet Aha is a new business in San Francisco which sells delicious organic vegan sweets - cupcakes, muffins, and cookies which are very fresh, light, and so yummy tasty that even non-vegans would likely enjoy them! I highly recommend these high quality sweet treats...you'll love them!

Pros: vegan, organic, fresh

Awesome vegan cupcakes - Edit

She is at the 9th and Irving farmers market every Sunday. Really good vegan cupcakes. Today I had an Orange cupcake with coconut buttercream frosting and a peanut butter cupcake with chocolate ganache frosting. I don't know what she uses to make the frosting but it's sooo good.

Pros: excellent food, friendly staff, healthy cuisine

Return to San Francisco Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Sweet Aha! closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.