First Review by SynthVegan

vegan options! - Edit

Long line but totally worth it. They apparently gave 2 vegan flavors all the time- tonight they had cinnamonbun & banana Oreo. We got a scoop of each and an ice cream sandwich which was chocolate chip cookies and strawberry ice cream....it was all so good and only like $8 or 9!!!!

Pros: vegan ice cream , inexpensive , cool atmosphere

Cons: limited vegan flavors , long line

yum yum - Edit

I love that there is an ice-cream shop I can go with my non-vegan friends to and we can all enjoy something totally unique and mouthwatering. This place never disappoints. I especially like the vegan ginger ice-cream when it's available.

Pros: constantly changing verity of flavors, Friendly staff, fun environment

Cons: parking

Vegan ice cream! - Edit

Sweet Action is a fabulous shop on Broadway that makes all of their ice cream in house. At any given time they have 2 vegan ice cream flavors, 2 sorbets which are vegan, pre-made vegan ice cream sandwiches, and often pints of vegan flavors pre-packaged to go.

They staff is always friendly and will serve you up a spoon to taste any flavor you wish. The line can sometimes be out the door, particularly in warmer weather, but tends to move fairly quickly and is only a testament to the quality of their product.

The vegan flavors are coconut based and you can usually taste that as an undertone, so if you're not me (who happens to LOVE all things coconut, it may not be your thing). The flavors rotate and are everything from cinnamon (one of my favorites), to strawberry, to coffee and donuts. As for the sorbets, I'm not a fan as they are too sweet for my taste, with the exception of the chocolate which is TO DIE FOR!

Oh, and if you happen to be gluten-free like me, they even have gluten free cones.

Their ice cream is also served at a few different places around town, including Watercourse, and you can pick up pints in some places such as Nooch Vegan Market.

Don't miss out!

Pros: Fantastic ice cream, Ever-changing flavors, Great staff

Cons: Limited options

You will love it! - Edit

This place is great. They always have 2 vegan ice cream choices plus vegan ice cream sandwiches in the fridge. I don't even want to know the calorie content because it's so good. Worth the wait as they usually have long lines. Enjoy!

Pros: Friendly staff, Vegan choices

Cons: Long lines

Sweet Action Ice Cream - Edit

It was cold, but I decided get myself some Sweet Action while in Denver...keep your mind out of the gutter people! But all joking aside, Sweet Action is a great little ice cream shop. I was told, by the employees, that they actually make the vegan ice cream there. They generally have two vegan ice cream options and also have 2-3 vegan ice cream sandwich cookies. I noticed that the base used to make the ice cream is coconut milk, which was good but it tends to get overpowering. The chocolate oreo flavored ice cream was very tasty, and so was the vegan sugar cone that it came with. If I lived in Denver, this would be my go-to ice cream shop.

Return to Denver Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Sweet Action Ice Cream closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1302 times since Jul 2011.