Sweet 27

Contact 410-585-8121

123 W 27th St, Baltimore, Maryland, USA, 21218-4305

Serves meat, vegan options available. Dinner restaurant and bar offering a fusion of cuisines with several vegan possibilities - let your server know. Food is spiced. Its bakery cafe opens from 9am. Previously named Meet 27. Mon-Sun 4:30pm-11:00pm

Category: Lacto, Ovo, American, International, Organic, Bakery, Caribbean, Fusion, Non-veg

First Review by NIBsmf

Excellent vegan options - Edit

The food here is really good. There is a strong Indian influence, but also Caribbean and Central American flavors. It combines for a creative fusion that is currently unique in Baltimore, particularly considering how vegan friendly it is. They've changed their menu and no longer have a couple of the vegan dishes I liked, but you can still get a very good vegan meal. I recommend combining a few of the vegetarian sides (all are vegan if you ask for no yogurt on the black beans). This is an incredible bargain. Three sides are only $9 and it is a lot of food. I got four sides ($11) once and could not finish it. As for appetizers, the veggie fritters (i.e. pakoras) are vegan and amazing. Sweet potato fries are also good.

Despite really enjoying the food, I can't put my finger exactly on why I don't think to go here more often. It's a combination of things, I suppose. The servers are polite, but sometimes I've felt rushed through my meal, even when it is not at all busy. Other times there have been large parties that dominated the servers' attention and my food has taken a long time to arrive. I also don't really care for their seating. The tables and chairs aren't ideal for two people to sit comfortably together for an intimate meal and conversation. In general the seating arrangement in the dining area seems a little off, like it needs a feng shui makeover or something. But this is probably not something that would bother everybody.

Pros: amazing food, good value, many vegan options

Cons: not very relaxing

Good! - Edit

Nice food selection- tends to the spicy side but very good. Menu changes periodically but always has a decent selection of vegan or items that can be made vegan. Staff knowledgeable on vegan needs. Have tried MEet27 about 4 times now and have liked all the dishes that I've tried. Good place to take a group for a nice casual dinner.

Pros: Fresh, homemade food, Relaxed atmosphere, Friendly staff

Yum! - Edit

Food: 8. The only reason I didn't utterly love it is because I'm a wuss when it comes to spicy, and this place seems to have generally spicy food. I had been wanting to try this place for a while and finally got the chance at a Baltimore Vegan Drinks event. I went a little crazy trying stuff because of my excitement. I got the potato "ball" appetizer (not what it was called, but I can't remember the name), the Indian sampler, and a few different cupcakes for dessert. My boyfriend got the sweet potato fries. All the food was pretty good. However, normally dessert is my favorite part of a meal, but all 3 cupcakes I got (and actually ate later that night at home) were dry and not all that flavorful. So, I actually recommend the dinner food more.

Price: 7. A bit pricier than I'd normally spend on dinner food.

Atmosphere: 9. Cute place. I particularly love the very Baltimore-based murals on the walls, including John Waters and Divine!

Staff: 9. Very friendly.

The only other thing I'll mention is that parking in that area seems to be a big pain.

Pros: A decent assortment of vegan options, Yummy food, Cute place

Cons: Pricey , Parking stinks

Return to Baltimore Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Sweet 27 closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1381 times since Jul 2013.