• Swadishta - Lützowstr

Indian
Fast food
Delivery
Take-out

Indian vegetarian casual restaurant serving a wide range of meals and snacks. Can adjust spice level and make a dish vegan if not already - just ask. Example of food: dosa, spinach soup, parantha, aloo chana saag, dal tadka, aloo matar. Chef in the kitchen makes the bread dough by hand and prepares the masalas. This branch est. 2021. Open Mon-Sun 12:00-22:00.

Venue map for Swadishta - Lützowstr
© OpenStreetMap contributors

First Review by vegnc

FriendlyOrca

Points +64

21 Nov 2023

Delicious!

Very good food that seams authentic to us. The service was fast and the menu has plenty of vegan options.

Pros: Delicious and nicely seasoned, Fast Service, Variety of options

Cons: Table a bit sticky

AndyDennis

Points +197

01 Oct 2023

Adequate but be careful

They have marked such as the thali as vegan - it isn’t and unless you ask you wouldn’t know.

Pros: Nice looking place , Decent menu but be careful if vegan

Cons: See above - easy to accidentally order vegetarian

V3R4_OS

Points +3494

12 Jan 2023

Good for a quick lunch!

I had a lunch menu, that tasted ok, nothing special. However, I have been told that this is one of the best Indian restaurants in Berlin, so I will certainly come back for dinner. Service is very friendly and its not expensive.

AratiB

Points +135

Vegetarian
07 Dec 2022

Awesome veg food options

The Indian cuisine here is delicious and lovely. I ate different chaat dishes and they were all yummy.

DavidFeldmann

Points +79

08 Oct 2022

Original indian street food

A lot of Indian street food dishes you can't find easily in Berlin streets. A lot of vegan options! It's tasty but could be less salty. I went there more often when I lived nearby to try the great variety of dishes. It's tasty but ordering more than one dish when really hungry. Quite spicy what I like but others maybe not. Personel speaks mostly English. German partially possible, depends on the person. Prices are reasonable.

Pros: Many vegan options, original indian street food

Cons: portions could be bigger or more rice, some dishes are too salty

hasentiger

Points +131

30 May 2022

Super lecker, große Portionen

Dies ist das Restaurant mit Bestuhlung. Ich hatte eine Vorspeise und Hauptspeise und es gab eine. Gruß aus der Küche mit Papadam, wobei nicht alle Soßen dazu vegan sind. Preis ich denke auch für Berlin günstig bzw. OK ...

Pros: Große, lecker Auswahl, Schneller, freundlicher Service, Große Portionen

LenaaLeLe

Points +15

Vegetarian
20 Apr 2022

sehr gut

sehr nette bedienung, ging auch echt schnell. preise auch gut/normal😄

Pros: vegan und vegetarisch, freundlich, preise auch normal

Cons: sieht von außen aus, als wäre es geschlossen

TheGrandestNothing

Points +453

18 Apr 2022

I don’t know

My partner really wanted to go here so i said okay. I ordered aloo paratha and we wanted to share dal. I asked for no coriander and less spice. The food took more than hour to come out despite only 2 other tables being in the restaurant and in the end none of my requests for the paratha were accommodated. I really wanted to like it but i left very disappointed. Staff should definitely inform customers about the food being late. My partner was happy with the food though.

Updated from previous review on 2022-04-18

Queensnbeans

Points +1538

25 Nov 2021

Good!

It wasn't the warmest place to sit in (no fault to the staff, it's more about the settings/furnitures). The food was great -- they were out of 2 of the vegan options, so we didn't have many choices at the end of the day. Still pretty tasty and had a good experience overall!

Pros: Tasted authentic

Cons: Need more vegan options

vegnc

Points +101

13 Jun 2021

Great Indian food

One of the best Indian restaurants in Berlin. They offer authentic Indian food (not German Indian food). There are items which you won’t get anywhere else such as pani puri or sprouted mung beans curry.

Pros: Authentic Indian food, Street food items available, Fresh Sugar cane juice available