Suzie's Dogs and Drafts

Contact 234-228-9158

34 N Phelps St, Youngstown, Ohio, USA, 44503

Serves meat, vegan options available. Late night hot dog eatery and bar. Has a veggie dog. Take a checklist, and pick your own toppings. Open Mon-Sat 10:00am-12:00am, Tue-Thu 12:00am-12:00am, Fri-Sun 12:00am-4:00am.

Category: American, Fast food, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by Veganette

Reliable fun vegan standby in Y'Town - Edit

When I lived in Youngstown for a couple months, I ate here twice or three times a week. (Youngstown proper really only has one other decent vegan option, the falafel sandwich at the convenience store deli around the corner on Federal Street, Downtown Circle. Flaming Icecube is seven miles away down in the suburb of Boardman.)

Just to get it out of the way, yes, Suzie's is a pretty blatant ripoff of Happy Dog in Cleveland. Whatever. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, right?

Plenty of vegan topping options (but a consistent bummer that they don't have vegan sauerkraut). You can put as many toppings as you want on the dog, but the amounts get smaller, and you don't want to be that jerk. Some nice pickled vegetable choices.

The vegan dog is a Field Roast, which is a nice touch. The buns are squishy and boring, but I'm not there for the buns.

Great craft beer selection, and the prices are solid for a single dog and a beer.

Big, beautiful space (with an expensive buildout.) Staff friendliness varies, but is usually pretty good. (I should say I've only ever sat at the bar.) A semi-open view kitchen.

A nice place to grab a quick vegan bite and a beer a short walk from the Youngstown State campus. And again, really the only meaningful vegan option in downtown Youngstown, outside of a couple options are the convenience store, and Taco Bell.

Not cheap, but not expensive, either. I'll go back when I'm in Youngstown, and it's even worth a vegan diversion if you're driving to Pittsburgh or NYC on I-80, but I don't know that I'll go way out of my way. I'd give it a 3.5 if I could, but since it's one of the only decent vegan options in Youngstown, I'm giving it a 4.

Pros: fun vegan options, nice craft beer selection, one of the only veg*n games in town

Cons: can get loud, not always the friendliest staff

Good food. Nice staff. Vegan options clearly marke - Edit

Their menu is a checklist where all toppings gs and options are marked vegan. Staff and management are friendly and helpful. The vegan dogs are great. Hopefully they'll get more options like vegan chili to make this really amazing.

Cons: Could have more vegan toppings easily, serves meat

Return to Youngstown Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Suzie's Dogs and Drafts closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.